• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AV8OR

Jan 22, 2010
    I am going to try a new broadhead this year. What are you guys all using? How do you like it?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Most people will tell you "Rage" I had very bad luck with them the one season I tried them I lost 4 out of the five deer i shot that year(my average loss is about one every other year or two). The only one I recovered was spine-shot and dropped on the spot. That was the second year they hit the market. I've been shooting "Swhackers" for the last five years or so and have lost only two deer since changing.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Bear broadheads. I still have some that I started using 30+ years ago, I just replace the center razor blade every so often. Those things are tough!

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Grim reaper razortip. Absolutely love them out of my hoyt. Last year I pulled my shot a little on a doe hitting her in the liver and she still only made it 40yds. The hole these things leave is unbelievable i use the 1 3/8 model with the expander cup making them 1 1/2 inch cut. 90% of the time they drop within 20 or 30yds never had one go past 50yds.

AV8OR

Jan 22, 2010
    Thanks guys. I use Montec G5s currently but had bad luck last year. I'm thinking of something that will give me a bigger cut. I appreciate the responses

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    Been using NAP spitfires for 16 years in both my Mathews and Ten Point. Never been let down, and never had a reason to try anything else. Old habits can be hard to kick.

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    Grim Reaper Razortips...I use the 100 grain, 1 3/4" version with crossbow. Have had a few broken blades and lost one deer (hit front shoulder I think) but overall very happy with this broadhead.

AV8OR

Jan 22, 2010
    NAP Spitfires are of interest. Grim Reaper is as well. What do you guys practice/sight in with? Some brands give you a practice head other no

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    This season I'm using Rage Crossbow X 100gr for the first time. Previously I've used G5's T3 mechanical broadheads. Usually 2 of the 3 blades would deploy so I'm moving on from them. The Rage shock collar is a simpler design than the G5's clips that are supposed to hold the blades while you can adjust the tension. The 'adjustment' seemed to be either you had to jam it onto the clamp so it stayed in place or it fell off, basically negating the entire 'adjustment'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom