A brief overview of the Shield Sights RMS on a Glock 19 MOS.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    i had high hopes for it. had my favorite g19 cut specifically for it. then... murphy showed up.

I know this thread is a bit old, but I don't see if the issue has been resolved or not.

I'm not sure if a Burris Fastfire III will fit your slide cut or not, but if it will you might want to consider one if you eventually can't get your Shield to work properly.

I have Fastfire III's on 3 different guns, a G20, G21, and an M&P .40, I've never had a lick of trouble out of any of them after many hundreds of rounds fired.

If you can, use a torque wrench when installing any red dot like these, If I remember correctly 12-15 inch lbs. is about what most of the manufacturers recommend.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I know this thread is a bit old, but I don't see if the issue has been resolved or not.

I'm not sure if a Burris Fastfire III will fit your slide cut or not, but if it will you might want to consider one if you eventually can't get your Shield to work properly.

I have Fastfire III's on 3 different guns, a G20, G21, and an M&P .40, I've never had a lick of trouble out of any of them after many hundreds of rounds fired.

If you can, use a torque wrench when installing any red dot like these, If I remember correctly 12-15 inch lbs. is about what most of the manufacturers recommend.
    How durable is the fastfire? Good for the range only?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I have a fastfire 3 on my glock 34. It has held up to use very well. It's also waterproof. But the battery life sucks. I have to pop in a new battery every 3 months.

I've been using this for the past 6 years with no issues.

The RMS will fit into the Burris fastfire 2's milled slot. But will have gaps.

The ff3 is a bit longer compared to the RMS . ( the RMS, docter, optima, sig, etc. have identical footprints and mounting screws)

The delta point, trijicon rmr and fastfire3 have proprietary cuts

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpg
      IMG_0014.jpg
      114.5 KB · Views: 802

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The RMS also offers the best clarity in terms of the lens. No perceivable tint. Very minimal parallax. The lens also scratches easily as it is made out of plastic. A q-tip can actually scratch it.

It's also not waterproof. There is no sealing gasket underneath. I won't trust it in damp or wet environments. It will short out.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The RMS also will absolute co-witness with factory iron sights. If you're lucky.

There is a cut out at the rear of the RMS that resembles a rear sight. It this zeroes with your pistol. It's a matter of luck. You really can't drift the RMS to compensate for wind age . I would still recommend using taller suppressor height sights with it. This give you the ability to adjust for wind age and get a true color- witness set up.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    I have a fastfire 3 on my glock 34. It has held up to use very well. It's also waterproof. But the battery life sucks. I have to pop in a new battery every 3 months.

I've been using this for the past 6 years with no issues.

The RMS will fit into the Burris fastfire 2's milled slot. But will have gaps.

The ff3 is a bit longer compared to the RMS . ( the RMS, docter, optima, sig, etc. have identical footprints and mounting screws)

The delta point, trijicon rmr and fastfire3 have proprietary cuts

Good info SCAR, thanks.

I've been very pleased with the Fastfire III thus far, one thing I really like about it is the top loading battery compartment, it makes battery replacement a breeze. Battery life may leave something to be desired, but the battery is a common type and not expensive to replace, so I can live with that.

I have a Trijicon RMR as well, don't get me wrong, it's outstanding in every respect, but for the money the Fastfire III is hard to beat IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom