• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I'm a Merrell fan. They have waterproof and ventilator versions of many shoes, I bought a couple pairs of both types of Moabs. They hold up well, the sticky rubber soles wear out before the shoes come apart. The ventilators are nice and breathe very well, . The waterproof are a bit stuffy in hot weather, still better than solid leather or rubber boots, but I use them in cooler weather, Usually get a couple years out of a pair.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I like my Gore-Tex Salmon hikers. But it's not just shoes that matter to me, I'm sold on lightweight wool socks, all year round. Wool will keep your feet warm even when your feet are wet, will wick moisture from your feet when it's hot out and keep your feet more dry. My feet don't smell as bad with wool as they do with cotton, or synthetic materials. YMMV

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Too many reviews of the wide Merrells say they aren't wide enough for us EE/EEE guys. Its not all about length :innocent0

Swing by a merrell store(arundel mills has one) or a dsw and try some on. MOABs and FSTs both have a generous toebox, especially their wide sizes. Theyve also got excellent traction and cushioning. Being on hardwood floor running around teaching elementary PE, I beat up my feet. I tried mizunos, brooks, and asics. The asics and merrell moab/fst are the only ones that dont give me horrible heel pain.

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    Too many reviews of the wide Merrells say they aren't wide enough for us EE/EEE guys. Its not all about length :innocent0

I wear 14 Wide Merrells and am usually 13 EEEE in New Balance. They seem to fit fine.

New Balance has a line of hiking shoes and country walking shoes that are lighter than full on hikers. Many of these are Gore-tex lined for water resistance.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I'm a Merrell fan. They have waterproof and ventilator versions of many shoes, I bought a couple pairs of both types of Moabs. They hold up well, the sticky rubber soles wear out before the shoes come apart. The ventilators are nice and breathe very well, . The waterproof are a bit stuffy in hot weather, still better than solid leather or rubber boots, but I use them in cooler weather, Usually get a couple years out of a pair.

Love merrells. Their waterproff mocs are great as well

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Keens are waterproof,and very comfortable. My lo rise hiking shoes have lasted a couple of years now. My work boots usually last about 6 months of 10 hour days on concrete floors.

All Keens are cut wide. I basically have paddle feet and Merrils killed me. Keens have been great.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Keens are waterproof,and very comfortable. My lo rise hiking shoes have lasted a couple of years now. My work boots usually last about 6 months of 10 hour days on concrete floors.

All Keens are cut wide. I basically have paddle feet and Merrils killed me. Keens have been great.

Another fellow traveler here with extra wide feet. My wife calls the "Fred Flintstone feet". Keens have been a godsend for comfortable hiking and winter boots. I have a pair of light hikers for weekend wear and then a very warm pair of water-resistant/proof boots that I wear when running the showblower. I've never had a boots which just felt right as soon as I put them on.

JoeR

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    ;)

Attachments

• bags.jpg
      bags.jpg
      57.7 KB · Views: 61

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts