• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I just noticed that the 2017 bear lottery was open. My name is in the hat for one of the 500 tickets.

Get your ticket before August 31st :thumbsup:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks for the reminder. Second year I'm trying the MD lottery. After ten years of trying, a friend in Wisconsin finally can black bear hunt this year and is doing it in September archery season there. His game cameras show a frequent visitor on their hunting property that's 36 inches at the shoulder, so he's excited.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    If you win a tag, does the DNR help connect you with a landowner who has reached out to the state, so that you have a place to hunt them?

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Good luck to all who apply. I've given up on the Maryland bear lottery after numerous attempts. Seems you have a better chance hitting the mega millions. It sucks since my in laws have a place behind the wisp and have always seen bear there. I'll just do what I always do and purchase Pa liscense and bear tag. Don't know if I'll have the time off but I'll have a tag.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    If you win a tag, does the DNR help connect you with a landowner who has reached out to the state, so that you have a place to hunt them?
    As far as I know not anymore. I think they did the first few years. I think you're on your own now. No worries, plenty of public land out west & plenty of bears.

I've applied every year since they started it, finally got picked for 2015 season. Went out couple weekends in advance for some scouting, saw plenty of sign then opening Monday evening saw cub, big sow, then huge boar right at last shooting light. Had easy 40 yd shot but didn't take it because he was on wrong side of rocky ravine & I couldn't get to him or get him back out (was by myself). Only saw cubs the rest of the week but the boar trashed the whole ridge to let me (I presume) know that was his territory. Really cool. Oh, and not gonna say where this was :).

Don't give up on the lottery, more Counties open this year & more permits will be available. Good luck to you getting chosen.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I might actually give it a shot this year. I haven't bought a license in Maryland in about 20 years.
    I think my buddy has a spot for me down on the farm.:innocent0

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Ok I guess I'm in, I paid the $15 but how do I know if my entry is in the mix? Nothing showing on my license.

You should get a confirmation email

Hopefully we'll each get one. The bear hunting spot that i'm invited to hunt on is litterally right around the corner from you IIRC

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    You should get a confirmation email

Hopefully we'll each get one. The bear hunting spot that i'm invited to hunt on is litterally right around the corner from you IIRC
    How long does it usually take for the conformation email?
    I'm going to drive them to my Hooligan buddy CombatAK. :D
    But I might not have to leave my back porch if the wind is blowing in the right direction.;)

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    How long does it usually take for the conformation email?
    I'm going to drive them to my Hooligan buddy CombatAK. :D
    But I might not have to leave my back porch if the wind is blowing in the right direction.;)

I got my email the next day.

Porch hunting is my favorite, keep me in mind if you need someone to hunt with :D

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I got my email the next day.

Porch hunting is my favorite, keep me in mind if you need someone to hunt with :D

Will do, I've seen a couple of shooters in the spring. My wife caught one dragging the garbage off on Friday night.
    I figure since it's Sunday I should get an email tomorrow possibly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom