• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I have not admittedly read the whole thread, but price gouging on essential items is illegal in times of crisis (National Pandemic).
    Ammo is certainly essential in my book! ;)

When the boog starts, you’re gonna be pissed that you can’t go to the outdoor store and buy ammo, aren’t you?

Justemily

Dec 26, 2010
    Maryland
    Haters gotta hate. For me, I've got better things to do with my time.

Every time I see this thread, I ask my self, WTF did these guys do to each and every person griping here? I don't buy from them only because they ain't 'cheaper than dirt'. I don't think they have one thing that's cheaper than you can buy anywhere else. Can't we move on?

Thank you outrider58

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Haters gotta hate. For me, I've got better things to do with my time.

Every time I see this thread, I ask my self, WTF did these guys do to each and every person griping here? I don't buy from them only because they ain't 'cheaper than dirt'. I don't think they have one thing that's cheaper than you can buy anywhere else. Can't we move on?

I think you are right about there being a huge obsession around here with hating CTD.

There's another issue here. CTD does not support 2A. If it is inconvenient from a business standpoint to sell to MD or CA or NJ, they just won't do it. This emboldens anti-2A rules and regs.

SO I really like to support those retailers that are willing to stick their neck out for the 2A. CTD won't. There are times PSA won't, like not selling ammo to MoCo.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    My point with them, is to warn people who do not know.

I was not a customer before. And definitely will not be a customer now.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    That being said, I completely understand reasonable and appropriate price increases. That's not what they are doing.

But who gets to define reasonable and appropriate? You? me? Bernie Sanders? I would argue the only ones that get to vote are the property owner (ie seller) and the buyer.

If its a company that took public funds to develop a cure for cancer, then ok, an argument could be made for price controls. But this is a private organization selling their own property.

If the housing market goes into a huge boom period and you are in the market to sell, are you going to sell yours for the going rate, or limit yourself to 10% over what you paid because that's whats reasonable and appropriate?

Prevents hoarding and inspires manufacturers to ramp up manufacturing.

I am 100% OK with "price gouging", but not OK with cancelling legitimate orders only to resell stock at a higher price.

:thumbsup:

This is why CTD are dicks. IMHO.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Within the limits of what we are discussing in this thread, the only unscrupulous merchant behavior is cancelling existing orders that were accepted at a low, pre-panic price in order to relist the very same inventory at a higher price. HONOR YOUR CONTRACTS!

OTOH, if you are a seller of NON-ESSENTIAL goods and a panic arises, raise your prices on new sales as high as you dare. Buyers are free to take it or leave it. THAT is the marketplace sorting itself out.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    That is the real question. Too bad the free market doesn't take care of it. I used to buy from CTD. I have not since 2013. Hopefully more people will see it.

CTD playing the game.

Consumers and patriots playing the game...too.

What’s not to like. Don’t gotta hate em. Just gotta spend your hard earned dollars where you want to. Money talks. BS whining walks..

I agree. They can be jackasses, but eventually that business model is going to catch up to them. I don't file complaints, but I do make damn sure not one of my pennies will go to them. There are lots of options to buy stuff from people who treat customers better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom