• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Ok,
    With the WuFlu ramping up, I thought it might be a good idea to get a holster for my G19 when I'm working in the yard. Any recommendations?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Blaster is for pocket holsters, maybe just get really big pockets?

On a serious note, Alien gear has some shapeshift holsters that seem decent. I'm not important enough to carry, so I'll let others chime in that are. Galco makes nice holsters in general also.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Seriously, any commercially made holster out there. Throw a dart. All you have to do is know if you want OWB or IWB. Out in the yard stuff, a belt holster would be the order of the day.

Be prepared for the "don't alarm your neighbors. Go IWB." Comments.
    Belt holster with t shirt over is perfect for bending over, working.

Might want one with a thumb snap. That way you don't have to worry about it. IWB you usually run the risk of the pistol "squeezing out" when bending over, twisting, etc.. plus you'll always be checking it, making sure it's there.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Blaster is for pocket holsters, maybe just get really big pockets?

On a serious note, Alien gear has some shapeshift holsters that seem decent. I'm not important enough to carry, so I'll let others chime in that are. Galco makes nice holsters in general also.

Oh, I'm not either....at least not in public. This is for around the house/yardwork

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I use Vedder ProDraw paddle holsters for my P30SK and USP45. They’re nicely made, not too expensive, and most importantly shipped fast. They also have a 15% off sale going on for the next 16 hours.

I have an Alien Gear Cloak Belt holster for my P30 that works very well. No sales at the moment but they have free shipping over $60.

Then I have 7 We The People holsters for various pistols. They take forever to ship, waited 2 weeks for one to ship, and 2-3 of them don’t fit the model they say they fit. However, a Glock 19 holster from them probably will fit and they’re pretty cheap with discount codes being readily available online.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    What about Bravo concealment? They're having a two-fer sale right now.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I have a Safariland 5198 for my Glock 19. It's an owb paddle holster. It has adjustable retention and a suede liner to protect the gun. Got it a couple years ago at Cabelas for around $35 I want to say.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I have a Safariland 5198 for my Glock 19. It's an owb paddle holster. It has adjustable retention and a suede liner to protect the gun. Got it a couple years ago at Cabelas for around $35 I want to say.

I have this one and really like it too. Used it for years as a Detective. Quite comfy (for a holster...), secure passive lock, holds it close to you so its not pulling away from you.

RobbieDigital

Dec 29, 2016
    I'm not important enough to carry, so I'll let others chime in that are.
    :lol:

As an important person I laughed at this. I too was unimportant until 5 months ago when the MSP decided I was important. You should try to become more important.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    So, if I'm on my property does it make a diff (legally) if I carry concealed or open? I'm thinking if it's OK, the more concealed the better....no need to advertise.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    What about Bravo concealment? They're having a two-fer sale right now.

I’d second Bravo Concealment. I have a G19 OWB holster from them and it’s been great for what it is. Decent retention for an open top kydex holster and it rides comfortably. They are almost always running a sale or some kind of package deal.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    I tried a we the people IWB holster and found it to be very uncomfortable so I ordered a custom one from Ted Blocker holsters. It is pretty comfortable actually. Pricey and almost two month wait for it. I have multiple OWB ted blocker holsters that are great too. THe safariland holsters are way cheaper though and seem pretty good for my glock 17. Haven't worn those all over though.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Of course different body shapes will prefer different carry methods. My 19 is OK in an AIWB at 1:00, and a bit more comfortable OWB at 4:00, kinda uncomfortable with most IWB holsters. For working outside, an OWB with good retension is the way to go, just throw a shirt over it if you want to conceal.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So, if I'm on my property does it make a diff (legally) if I carry concealed or open? I'm thinking if it's OK, the more concealed the better....no need to advertise.
    You're legal. Not on the easement. Just OWB, pull your shirt over it, and go about your personal property business. You'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom