• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nov 3, 2015
    This is a PART-TIME Position
    To apply : https://candidates.businessbymiles.com/ApplyNow/MeridianWildlife

Looking for some excitement? Some adventure? If you love the adrenaline rush from the thrill of the hunt, fierce competition or the challenge of someone saying "it can't be done" then your dream job may have just found you!

Meridian Wildlife Services is a dynamic, high-growth company providing a one-of-a-kind service to our customers. At Meridian, we specialize in the guaranteed live capture and relocation of wild birds trapped inside of commercial facilities. Our revolutionary approach is quickly becoming the first choice of industry leaders in retail, distribution and manufacturing.

We currently have openings for part time Bird Removal Technicians. We are highly competitive and looking for only the best candidates.

The ideal candidate should possess:

- An above average ability to solve unique problems "on the fly."
    - Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule including non-traditional hours.
    - Some day travel is required.
    - Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
    - Computer Literate
    - Ability to professionally represent Meridian Wildlife & effectively communicate face-to-face with customers.
    - Have professional appearance, provide own transportation, an ability to carry up to 50 lbs, and be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
    - Sport hunting experience is a plus.
    - A bachelor's degree is preferred but not necessary for the right candidate.

All training and equipment are provided.

Does this sound like you or someone you know? Apply today and find out why our technicians say, "I can't believe I get paid to do this!"

This is a PART-TIME Position.
    To apply: https://candidates.businessbymiles.com/ApplyNow/MeridianWildlife
    This link takes you to the Meridian Wildlife Employment website where you create a login&password, fill out an application, upload your resume and HIT SUBMIT.

Nov 3, 2015
    We don't shoot the birds. We relocate them. I thought I would post on this site because we like hunters and fishermen as employees. They enjoy the thrill of the chase when catching birds. We have PT jobs in Northern VA, Eastern VA (near Richmond) and in many other states. I posted here for the VA jobs that are near MD.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    is this like catching birds in home depot, lowes, walmart or some supermarket

A bachelor's degree is preferred - must be some smart birds

and part time to me means - they call you when they have a paying job and pay you by the hour or probably by the job, so they know the costs up front, with them making money to handle the call ( their hand never goes in their pocket ) - they pay you a flat rate whether it takes you one hour or 80 hours to catch the birds ---- so they quote costco $400 - they pay you $100 no matter how long it takes you and they pocket $300 ---- been there done that

and no mention of benefits?????

and no mention of salary range ????

and how much did they pay to post a job ad here - 0

since posting ----- found this about chasing birds in a supermarket

http://meridianwildlife.com/

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    is this like catching birds in home depot, lowes, walmart or some supermarket

A bachelor's degree is preferred - must be some smart birds

and part time to me means - they call you when they have a paying job and pay you by the hour or probably by the job, so they know the costs up front, with them making money to handle the call ( their hand never goes in their pocket ) - they pay you a flat rate whether it takes you one hour or 80 hours to catch the birds ---- so they quote costco $400 - they pay you $100 no matter how long it takes you and they pocket $300 ---- been there done that

and no mention of benefits?????

and no mention of salary range ????

and how much did they pay to post a job ad here - 0

since posting ----- found this about chasing birds in a supermarket

http://meridianwildlife.com/

Bachelors degree for a part time bird catcher :lol2:

jaybee

Ultimate Member

Attachments

• wily-e-coyote-and-roadrunner.jpg
      wily-e-coyote-and-roadrunner.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 398

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Safeway has a guy who comes in in the middle of the night and relocates the birds with a pellet to the head. Threw me off the 1st time I saw him walking thru the store in the middle of the night with a rifle case. Nothing like getting paid to spot and stalk in a grocery store I guess.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Safeway has a guy who comes in in the middle of the night and relocates the birds with a pellet to the head. Threw me off the 1st time I saw him walking thru the store in the middle of the night with a rifle case. Nothing like getting paid to spot and stalk in a grocery store I guess.

Maybe this gig has the same opportunity and they asked for a degree so they didn't get 1000's of applications. :innocent0
    I bet some people would shoot birds in a store for free.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom