• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJakes

Aug 26, 2015
    Anyone do or know someone who converts wood burning fireplaces to gas burning? Wife got an estimate this week that seems really high to me. We're in Montgomery County.
    Thanks and Merry Christmas!

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    Tolbard in Frederick did ours good work but was not cheap. They wanted us to use some gas company out of pa aero i think but we went with amerigas

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Anyone do or know someone who converts wood burning fireplaces to gas burning? Wife got an estimate this week that seems really high to me. We're in Montgomery County.
    Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Already have gas at the house or using a stand alone propane tank? A plumber should be able to get you a supply line to the fireplace and then you can hook up a ventless burner to the line.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Went with a vent free Vermont castings stove. Amerigas ran the line and setup inspection. Nice being able to flip a switch for immediate heat but miss the wood smoke smell. Recommend Tolbard. They do our yearly maintenance.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Went with a vent free Vermont castings stove. Amerigas ran the line and setup inspection. Nice being able to flip a switch for immediate heat but miss the wood smoke smell. Recommend Tolbard. They do our yearly maintenance.

Fill a little pot with water and Liquid Smoke. Instant fireplace smell.;)

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Tolbard in Frederick did ours good work but was not cheap. They wanted us to use some gas company out of pa aero i think but we went with amerigas

Tolbards did ours too about 10 years ago. We have NG so they ran the line and sold us the logs

---
    Shamr0ck

JJakes

Aug 26, 2015
    Already have gas at the house or using a stand alone propane tank? A plumber should be able to get you a supply line to the fireplace and then you can hook up a ventless burner to the line.

Yup, already have gas into the house. Will try Tolbards as well as the plumber runs the line and I install the burner.
    Thanks, all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom