• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    The notice acknowledges a clearance level. I did not ask to have anything passed, just acknowledged. As far as HQ, we have satellite offices with a main HQ.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    A lot of us are curious how you got them to pass to a MD State entity, for something that some SSOs/FSOs,etc. argue isn't "Official Business". What level are you referring to as HQ? A lot of GOV employees have run into brick walls on the verification side. Contractor employees seem to have better luck with more flexible security people.

The provost requires notice of your clearance level to hunt on post, and that's certainly not official business. Just a signed letter does it for their purposes, the same should suffice for MSP.

Last edited:

Sh00bs

Jul 15, 2016
    finished up my class yesterday. started the application with as much entered as i could. for my justification, im submitting:
    VOE
    HOPEFULLY a letter that i type up and get my SSO's signature or go up his chain of command to confirm clearance level
    my deployment orders - i was in the middle east for a few months for work.
    russia hack/breach papers and proof

also im working to get my resume cleared for external use which lists my clearance as well - when approved i'll have a case number with it so it's not like a confirmation of clearance, but kinda ? hey it all helps i suppose..

i'll keep ya updated!

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    finished up my class yesterday. started the application with as much entered as i could. for my justification, im submitting:
    VOE
    HOPEFULLY a letter that i type up and get my SSO's signature or go up his chain of command to confirm clearance level
    my deployment orders - i was in the middle east for a few months for work.
    russia hack/breach papers and proof

also im working to get my resume cleared for external use which lists my clearance as well - when approved i'll have a case number with it so it's not like a confirmation of clearance, but kinda ? hey it all helps i suppose..

i'll keep ya updated!

Good luck hope it works for you

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    Following this as I have run into a wall with my company. They won't verify that I have one.

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    Ok so the following format from my agency is not accepted:

Name:
    DOB/Place of birth
    Clearance level:
    Last background investigation date:

Letter signed by a Unit Chief - from security div

TO ME THAT IS VERIFICATION

They want at min:

Name, position, clearance level
    Access to classified info daily
    Security Manager name and contact info

Other than that the interview went well. Comment from my national security unit: They aren’t making this easy are they

Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    Ok so the following format from my agency is not accepted:

Name:
    DOB/Place of birth
    Clearance level:
    Last background investigation date:

Letter signed by a Unit Chief - from security div

TO ME THAT IS VERIFICATION

They want at min:

Name, position, clearance level
    Access to classified info daily
    Security Manager name and contact info

Other than that the interview went well. Comment from my national security unit: They aren’t making this easy are they

That's exactly where I hit a wall. The information the MSP wants is considered aggregate data on a person with a security clearance and makes them a target. Per DCSA guidance that information cannot be released.

I can't help but think MSP knows this and realizes that most companies won't release this information as it violates most policies concerning counter intelligence and contracts.

Another option I explored was FOIA but the OPM and my FSO would still be notified of my request. That's not something I want in my record.

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    That's exactly where I hit a wall. The information the MSP wants is considered aggregate data on a person with a security clearance and makes them a target. Per DCSA guidance that information cannot be released.

I can't help but think MSP knows this and realizes that most companies won't release this information as it violates most policies concerning counter intelligence and contracts.

Another option I explored was FOIA but the OPM and my FSO would still be notified of my request. That's not something I want in my record.

The only thing that differs is the statement of access to info daily. If I have a clearance I have it for a reason and they aren’t given out like candy. My contact within our SecD laughed at the request...hopefully Monday I will have an updated letter. MSP did provide a clearance verification letter which I forward to my SecD.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The only thing that differs is the statement of access to info daily. If I have a clearance I have it for a reason and they aren’t given out like candy. My contact within our SecD laughed at the request...hopefully Monday I will have an updated letter. MSP did provide a clearance verification letter which I forward to my SecD.

Can you sanitize the MSP Request letter and post it?
    I think that would help a bunch of folks get the correct info.

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    Will do. I will try to get it posted tonight.

4B276608-79F8-4006-9F16-04BDABD9D0C2.jpg

Ok I think the letter should be attached. Oh yeah, they need both written and verbal verification. Just say no, that’s what they want to do.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    As a retired Fed Classification Advisory Officer....

The aggregated information requested by MSP would most likely be Classified and I'm sure they've figured that out, hence the requested info. The individual items are Unclassified For Official Use Only.

As for the daily access......Obviously, they've been watching too much Men in Black .....there's a reason you have a lifetime obligation to protect that info once you've been cleared, nobody's flashing a bright light in your face as you leave each day!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    As a retired Fed Classification Advisory Officer....

The aggregated information requested by MSP would most likely be Classified and I'm sure they've figured that out, hence the requested info. The individual items are Unclassified For Official Use Only.

So, if MSP knows, or has reason to believe, the aggregate they're asking for is classified, and the MSP personnel requesting the information do not have a Federal security clearance (why would a clerk or officer in the Licensing Division have that?), aren't they committing a crime by knowingly soliciting classified information for which they are not cleared?

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    So, if MSP knows, or has reason to believe, the aggregate they're asking for is classified, and the MSP personnel requesting the information do not have a Federal security clearance (why would a clerk or officer in the Licensing Division have that?), aren't they committing a crime by knowingly soliciting classified information for which they are not cleared?

Probably, but try proving that fact beyond a reasonable doubt.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Sh00bs

Jul 15, 2016
    Sooooooo i learned something pretty interesting the other day. apparently an interviewer leaked what the MSP wants to see... a DD28, aka Notification of personal action. like a promotion, pay rate change, award... etc. it's like the civilian version of a dd214.

i submitted my application on friday with my deployment information (as a civ, but still middle east), opm breach and dd28 as clearance proof. fingers crossed

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    Sooooooo i learned something pretty interesting the other day. apparently an interviewer leaked what the MSP wants to see... a DD28, aka Notification of personal action. like a promotion, pay rate change, award... etc. it's like the civilian version of a dd214.

i submitted my application on friday with my deployment information (as a civ, but still middle east), opm breach and dd28 as clearance proof. fingers crossed

I don't know about the DD28 but the OPM SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action does not have any security clearance info listed. Perhaps they would accept it as VOE but I doubt it. I thought mine was clear cut with what I provided but obviously not. There is a method to their madness...limit permits. Another week to fight the good fight and push on...Good Luck! :banghead:

Sh00bs

Jul 15, 2016
    I don't know about the DD28 but the OPM SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action does not have any security clearance info listed. Perhaps they would accept it as VOE but I doubt it. I thought mine was clear cut with what I provided but obviously not. There is a method to their madness...limit permits. Another week to fight the good fight and push on...Good Luck! :banghead:

i submitted mine with my VOE, the DD28 states the full name of the agency if you will

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom