• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Isn't that the whole idea though? The more of the populace that they have leverage over with their laws the more power they wield over us. It's when their laws no longer have any meaning or value to us that the tables start to turn. I imagine that it's hard to enforce laws that nobody understands or even takes seriously.

“Deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed”

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Anyone know how many crimes have been committed with a registered full auto machine gun from 1934 till now?

The answer is two.

Hardly a danger to the general public.

MAH

Dec 23, 2013
    Are binary triggers that you owned before the ban grandfathered in? IOW, can a person use a grandfathered trigger in public if the range allows it?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Are binary triggers that you owned before the ban grandfathered in? IOW, can a person use a grandfathered trigger in public if the range allows it?

No grandfathering in MD on binaries. They are absolutely banned/illegal to possess.

Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's

As long as you sent a application to the ATF before the bills date of effect, all binary triggers purchased before that date are legal. but you cannot sell it inside the state.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    As long as you sent a application to the ATF before the bills date of effect, all binary triggers purchased before that date are legal. but you cannot sell it inside the state.

I believe you are incorrect. The letter to submitted to ATF bought you one additional year, at which time (October) you had to have documented approval from the ATF for continued possession. Since the ATF stated that it was not in a position to issue approval, none were forthcoming. So, the end effect is that possession of any rapid-fire trigger devices were banned (in Oct 2018 if no letter was sent to ATF, and October 2019 if one was sent).

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    I shot a semi/binary/full auto 9mm Colt AR SMG and wasn't impressed with the binary function. I'm not a big fan of full auto in general, for what it's worth and other than wanting something along the lines of full auto while skirting NFA regulations don't see much of a point to it. I'm still considering doing a 9mm semi/binary AR build with a spare lower I have just to get into it before the hammer drops on the binary thing.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The hammer already dropped on the binary (and bumpstock) thing. Oct 1, 2018: no more purchases, and if they didn't send a letter to the ATF for those already owned. Oct 1, 2019: nobody can possess them at all, regardless of purchase date, not even if they sent in a letter to the ATF.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Technically according to the law that went into effect. It includes any combination of parts that you put into a semi automatic weapon that could potentially increase the rate of fire.
    That includes any upgraded springs, triggers, bolt carrier groups, buffer weights, lube, etc..etc..? Or am I reading the law incorrectly? So technically if you modify the firearm in any way you've probably created a banned weapon.
    What a stupid stupid law! Most people are probably breaking it and don't even realize it.
    :mad54:

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    The hammer already dropped on the binary (and bumpstock) thing. Oct 1, 2018: no more purchases, and if they didn't send a letter to the ATF for those already owned. Oct 1, 2019: nobody can possess them at all, regardless of purchase date, not even if they sent in a letter to the ATF.

So, I read it the same way, and yet....

https://franklinarmory.com/franklin-armory-bfsiii-ar-c1/

They're still for sale. (Granted, not to CA, CT, DC, FL, HI, IA, MD, NJ, NY, RI, and WA, but still)

Confused by this tbh.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

So, I read it the same way, and yet....

https://franklinarmory.com/franklin-armory-bfsiii-ar-c1/

They're still for sale. (Granted, not to CA, CT, DC, FL, HI, IA, MD, NJ, NY, RI, and WA, but still)

Confused by this tbh.

They are still for sale and legal in other states. FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom