• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    Haven't bought a new gun in a while. I've tried to limit my budget to one per year, not necessarily successfully. So, this year's first purchase, my first 9mm, and my first Wilson Combat. People who know me well are surprised I bought a 9mm, and people who don't know me well are surprised I haven't owned one until now. I jokingly bash the 9mm and Tupperware guns, but it is purely in jest. On the other hand, I have an insatiable appetite for quality firearms, but live on a beer budget. I've been thinking about this for a long time and finally did it.

This is a custom order, most notably, all stainless, and the omission of all slide markings. You don't see too many stainless Sentinels. Most have the WC ARMOR-TUFF finish. I read a lot about the Sentinel and more than once it was mentioned that the MSH pin cut-out on the WC grips can really cut into the palm of your hand. Well it certainly does, and it is very annoying. (See first photo.) The bottom of the original grips is also straight and sharp which doesn't help. So I had custom grips made that cover the MSH pins and have a mini-bevel on the bottom. The result is an incredibly comfortable grip.

Haven't had it out to the range yet, but will soon, and I'll follow up with a range report. But I'm sure it will stand up to Wilson's reputation.

Hope you enjoy the photos. First two are before it was shipped.

WC22942B.JPG

WC22942D.JPG

WC22942F.JPG

Sentinel_1_small.jpg

Sentinel_2_small.jpg

Sentinel_3_small.jpg

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    Very nice. Why didn't you go full size?
    Thanks to everyone for all of the comments.

This will be for cc and sport. Perfect size for me. Has a little weight to it, but that's no bother.

Full size 1911 in 9mm is pretty trendy these days. Maybe the low cost of ammo, but I think 45 prices are pretty reasonable right now. For me, there's nothing better than a full size 45ACP. All my full size are 45's, but if I ever go with another caliber it will probably be 10mm.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I only have one full size 45 ACP 1911. The other two are 10mms. My 9mm 1911s are Officer or Commander sized. The smaller ones are both STIs. I'm looking forward to the range report :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom