Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Curio and Relic (C&R)
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old July 3rd, 2019, 09:38 PM #1
C&R Wisperer

C&R Wisperer

Sight upgrade for Ross MKII Mil Match

Recently pulled out one of my Ross MKII Military Match rifles for a range session. Noticed that the elevation screw on the original Sutherland sight was not working properly. These have a very, very fine screw and tend to strip. And that was the case with mine. Nuts!
So I start what I expect to be a stupid long search for a proper replacement sight. Canadian target sights of this vintage (110 yrs old) are crazy hard to find and expensive. So I was shocked to stumble across a Peddie-Parker sight in the first week of searching. And it had a $185 BIN price! The last two Peddie-Parkers I saw for sale were listed at $995 and $550. Didn't take me long to click on BIN button.
The best part is that my other Ross MKII MM rifle has the same model Peddie-Parker on it. A brand-new, in-the-box example that I got from a Ross collector's collection 20 yrs ago for $250 (and thought I paid too little back then).
The Peddie-Parker, designed by John Peddie (same fellow designed the Sutherland sight,) was built by Vickers Sons & Maxim (see VSM in 2nd photo). It was used on Metfords, Long Lees and Ross rifles as all shared the same sight base dimension.
Attached Images

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Curio and Relic (C&R)