• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Scott Goldstein, Chief, Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Services.

Is he a member of the association of Jewish fire chiefs?

Last edited:

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    Howard co police has female police chief and rumor mill suggest next PG police chief will be female

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Seems as though the group representing black officers is none too pleased.

They’re basically claiming Johnny O ignored them. This should be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Uh oh, you mean they only got one box checked on this one?
    They better hope she's a lesbian!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    HoCo has a female police chief and a female fire chief. AACo has a female fire chief.
    Of course the most capable person for the Baltimore County police chief position is a female.

HOCO doesn’t have a female PC anymore, she retired which is good because she was horrible. The new guy isn’t much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013

Hyatt is completely incompetent and a political whore; that's why Johnny O chose her. She rode her father's coattails every day of her career in the BPD. She advanced from rank to rank without spending nearly enough time in any of them, checking boxes all the way. Is she naturally intelligent? Yes, absolutely. Is she ambitious? You bet. Does she have any idea how to run a Police department? Nope, not at all. She was always surrounded by people who propped her up or overlooked her failures either a) because they remembered her father or b) they wanted to have sex with her. Hyatt has zero skill set. Zero. As in none. She is completely and totally worthless. As soon as it became clear that Johns Hopkins wasn't going to have a full service PD up and running any time soon she jumped ship and went to Baltimore County. Hyatt uses people and institutions to benefit herself and then discards them like a soiled diaper.

I'm not going to go completely off on a tangent here because I could go on for days. I will, however, say this: the overwhelming majority of people here in Maryland have no idea how bad things are in Policing here in the State. Policing is in absolute free fall. That's not me being alarmist or indulging in self-pity - it's a clear eyed and sober assessment. Baltimore County used to be a destination for those looking to be Cops. BCOPD was regarded as a premier department. Those days are over. BCOPD is hemorrhaging Police like you wouldn't believe. They're offering a $10K hiring bonus and one of their recent lateral classes was only in the single digits. The only other agency losing more people in absolute numbers is Baltimore City, which, of course, is in the worst shape of any agency in the State. Howard and Montgomery County PDs are snapping up BCOPD Officers. A lot of the lateral Officers going to BCOPD are absolute trash. I saw one on a traffic stop the other day wearing a baseball cap BACKWARDS with a full beard. His uniform was filthy. 10 years ago this would have been unthinkable. Everyone is having staffing problems. All of the various Sheriff's Offices are desperate for qualified candidates but they can't compete with the larger City Police Departments in the area of pay and benefits. The Maryland State Police have contingency plans drawn up to scale back or eliminate their live in academy completely if the recruiting situation continues to deteriorate. If that doesn't work there is a plan to accept laterals as an absolute last resort. Accepting laterals in MSP is anathema to their culture and traditions but they've been forced to war game for just such an eventuality. The Illinois State Police just recently were forced to give in and make such a change.

None of this is an accident. Hyatt was put in place to break down the BCOPD and start the process of making the agency just as dysfunctional and ineffective as the BPD. She is succeeding. The taxpayers in Baltimore County are in for a rude awakening. It's going to get very ugly over the next five years.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    End the "legacy" program for cops.

Hire the best, not children of the best....unless they are the best.

Nobody

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Hyatt is completely incompetent and a political whore; that's why Johnny O chose her. She rode her father's coattails every day of her career in the BPD. She advanced from rank to rank without spending nearly enough time in any of them, checking boxes all the way. Is she naturally intelligent? Yes, absolutely. Is she ambitious? You bet. Does she have any idea how to run a Police department? Nope, not at all. She was always surrounded by people who propped her up or overlooked her failures either a) because they remembered her father or b) they wanted to have sex with her. Hyatt has zero skill set. Zero. As in none. She is completely and totally worthless. As soon as it became clear that Johns Hopkins wasn't going to have a full service PD up and running any time soon she jumped ship and went to Baltimore County. Hyatt uses people and institutions to benefit herself and then discards them like a soiled diaper.

I'm not going to go completely off on a tangent here because I could go on for days. I will, however, say this: the overwhelming majority of people here in Maryland have no idea how bad things are in Policing here in the State. Policing is in absolute free fall. That's not me being alarmist or indulging in self-pity - it's a clear eyed and sober assessment. Baltimore County used to be a destination for those looking to be Cops. BCOPD was regarded as a premier department. Those days are over. BCOPD is hemorrhaging Police like you wouldn't believe. They're offering a $10K hiring bonus and one of their recent lateral classes was only in the single digits. The only other agency losing more people in absolute numbers is Baltimore City, which, of course, is in the worst shape of any agency in the State. Howard and Montgomery County PDs are snapping up BCOPD Officers. A lot of the lateral Officers going to BCOPD are absolute trash. I saw one on a traffic stop the other day wearing a baseball cap BACKWARDS with a full beard. His uniform was filthy. 10 years ago this would have been unthinkable. Everyone is having staffing problems. All of the various Sheriff's Offices are desperate for qualified candidates but they can't compete with the larger City Police Departments in the area of pay and benefits. The Maryland State Police have contingency plans drawn up to scale back or eliminate their live in academy completely if the recruiting situation continues to deteriorate. If that doesn't work there is a plan to accept laterals as an absolute last resort. Accepting laterals in MSP is anathema to their culture and traditions but they've been forced to war game for just such an eventuality. The Illinois State Police just recently were forced to give in and make such a change.

None of this is an accident. Hyatt was put in place to break down the BCOPD and start the process of making the agency just as dysfunctional and ineffective as the BPD. She is succeeding. The taxpayers in Baltimore County are in for a rude awakening. It's going to get very ugly over the next five years.
    What you state here matches much of what my friend in BCOPD has told me as well. Sad situation. The voters get what they vote for though.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    End the "legacy" program for cops.

Hire the best, not children of the best....unless they are the best.

Nobody

That’s nice and all, but the “best” 1) generally aren’t applying anymore and 2) even if they are, if they don’t possess certain physical attributes, then they’re back burnered for other box checking candidates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MDcompetition

Anti-poacher
    MDS Supporter
    May 8, 2013
    Baltimore, MD.

You should have been a surgeon. You vivasected (thats' when the Mope is still kickin) her with laser like perfection and brilliance. Sir, I salute you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom