• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Yup, you’re in luck...

I would be more in luck if you can add something concrete to this thread that you started, wherein you declared the Long Gun Qualification Bill dead. Any concrete evidence? Otherwise, I need to start moving money around for some last minute purchases just in case you end up being wrong.

Hopefully, your actions down in Annapolis have saved us from the LGQL.

Pass along the insider information that you have so the rest of us can really breathe a sigh of relief.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I pulled a post from another thread that I think fits here:

Otherwise good and law abiding men continue to abide by gun control laws because they estimate that such a situation is more tolerable than the alternative. Once the opposite is true, I expect the situation will change, violently.[/QUOTE]

Amen Brother. and 100% exactly what is happening "Right Now"

No more common sense background checks for everyone including taking your firearm to the FFL for NICS for face to face with brother in law or grandson. How stupid it this.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    how did things get to the point of some of us having such dislike/disdain for one another that our conversations look like this?

aren't we all supposed to be on the same team here?

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    how did things get to the point of some of us having such dislike/disdain for one another that our conversations look like this?

Many of us are sick and tired of being beaten down for something that the founding document of our country says is ok. Were always talking the Constitution, Bill of Rights , etc unalienable rights, etc.

What good has it done? Every year we have less. The BOR and the Constitution are trampled on a regular basis. It means nothing anymore.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We can play subjective mind games all day. I like them. It makes life interesting.

Playing games all day? Sorry, I was chatting with Lt. Gov. Boyd Rutherford while you were at play. (Check the time stamp)

Now, what was it you wanted?

Attachments

• 990C8BCA-0699-493D-9C90-8B3A86B41E34.jpeg
      990C8BCA-0699-493D-9C90-8B3A86B41E34.jpeg
      73.2 KB · Views: 211
    • 41FBA550-3BED-40AE-BDFD-7B1EA7F91751.jpeg
      41FBA550-3BED-40AE-BDFD-7B1EA7F91751.jpeg
      81 KB · Views: 169

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    Many of us are sick and tired of being beaten down for something that the founding document of our country says is ok. Were always talking the Constitution, Bill of Rights , etc unalienable rights, etc.

What good has it done? Every year we have less. The BOR and the Constitution are trampled on a regular basis. It means nothing anymore.

At the end of the day it is just a piece of paper. It's a fantasy to think the majority, if scared or desperate enough, wouldn't change or straight up ignore the words on that paper either.

And it's a straight-up fantasy to think that SCOTUS will somehow keep our rights safe forever, or issue some final answer that will settle the issue. They're just people, and if people get scared or desperate enough they won't matter either.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    At the end of the day it is just a piece of paper. It's a fantasy to think the majority, if scared or desperate enough, wouldn't change or straight up ignore the words on that paper either.

And it's a straight-up fantasy to think that SCOTUS will somehow keep our rights safe forever, or issue some final answer that will settle the issue. They're just people, and if people get scared or desperate enough they won't matter either.

I wasnt brought up to believe its just paper. And I dont think its fantasy at this point at least to say the SCOTUS will save the day. I still have hope for that. Im just sick of all the breast beating about unalienable rights, etc... Like it is some sort of magic. Our rights are about as alienated as you can get.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County

The discussion turned this direction, because I claimed that something fabs wrote was defeatist. He later explained that he's just being realistic. You can read all of that above.

The idea I advocate is to not write about unacceptable outcomes, e.g. better versions of gun control bills. No gun control bill is acceptable! If you get used to the idea of letting someone trample on your rights, soon you won't have any left, and you'll need to read COMAR in order to see what food is acceptable for your breakfast on Mondays.

Being a realist doesn't mean you should accept those who would trample the unalienable rights you were given by your creator, whoever you choose to perceive that as is fine by me. You can worship the flying spaghetti monster (yes, I have a friend who does) or God of your choice, and if you choose to view your creator as your parents, that doesn't change the fact that you have those unalienable rights.

Take a stand. Please don't stand in a realm where you are realistic about watching your rights go away, and you make plans for "certain" purchases before they do.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    The discussion turned this direction, because I claimed that something fabs wrote was defeatist. He later explained that he's just being realistic. You can read all of that above.

The idea I advocate is to not write about unacceptable outcomes, e.g. better versions of gun control bills. No gun control bill is acceptable! If you get used to the idea of letting someone trample on your rights, soon you won't have any left, and you'll need to read COMAR in order to see what food is acceptable for your breakfast on Mondays.

Being a realist doesn't mean you should accept those who would trample the unalienable rights you were given by your creator, whoever you choose to perceive that as is fine by me. You can worship the flying spaghetti monster (yes, I have a friend who does) or God of your choice, and if you choose to view your creator as your parents, that doesn't change the fact that you have those unalienable rights.

Take a stand. Please don't stand in a realm where you are realistic about watching your rights go away, and you make plans for "certain" purchases before they do.

Saying you have them doesnt make it so.

Please provide examples in Maryland that confirm to you that your 2a rights are unalienable.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Saying you have them doesnt make it so.

Please provide examples in Maryland that confirm to you that your 2a rights are unalienable.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I hold them to be self-evident for the same reasons that men much greater and braver than me did.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    I hold them to be self-evident for the same reasons that men much greater and braver than me did.

Thats nice. And I agree. But what good does it do in front of the General Assembly? It convinces no one. It changes nothing.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Too much to keep up with and redacted posts? Where’s my tinfoil.

Might be time to join the majority of MD citizens and not pay attention to new bills... is there WiFi in prison?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom