• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I just recently purchased a barrett rec-7 DI rifle that comes with one of these. 2018 model but I cant remember if its an act or qms trigger.

Either way, that thing feels like garbage. I had a geissele SSA trigger waiting but, I certainly expected something from ALG to be at least a better feel than a mil spec trigger. That thing has more grit and trigger creep than a lot of milspec triggers i've felt.

If these things are meant to feel the way the one that came on my barrett does, id stay away if I were yall. just an fyi

I wasn't sure if it was even worth contacting barrett to let them know it was garbage, or contacting alg themselves? :tdown:

my 2 cents :)

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I have the ALG ACT. I'm happy with it as a combat trigger. It seems heavy ,but consistent. It's not meant as more than a "better" combat trigger. This other one you mentioned, I have no knowledge of. I believe they have expanded the line in the last few years. The ACT was the only one they made in the beginning. It was spec'd on a lot of ARs. I'd contact Barrett. Find out what it is they installed. They could have buggered it up.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    I’d have to agree with Doug. I have 2- ACT and they are s lot better than Mil-Spec. Maybe you have a QMS I also have a SD3G that is really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Ya I third the motion . No complaints here ,very happy with mine . Feel it’s very crisp shall I say compared to what I replaced which was reg mil spec I assume out M&P rifle.

Invicta

Sep 16, 2018
    I would recommend looking into the Larue MBT-2s as well. A bit more expensive but a good trigger. When I bought mine I chose the 'I can wait' option to save money and it shipped in about 7 weeks, but from what I've heard they are currently shipping almost immediately. (They used to give 2 different prices based on wait times, but they are currently selling for $87 with no option on wait times)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Had to return a QMS I got a month ago, broke at a creepy, gritty 8.2#, which isn't remarkable, but the disconnector was out of spec, causing hammer follow/dead trigger. The pin hole was a few thousandths high causing a lack of engagement, swapped it out for a Giessele SG2, basically what I should have used in the first place. Larue MBTs are awesome, especially for the price, similar to the SSA/SG2, but in the past, I was just too impatient to wait for one.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I just finger banged my ACT, just for fun. It's very smooth with a crisp break and very nice, short reset. Pull weight? Not light, but not very heavy. It came with my Noveske. I replaced it with a SSA-E. The ACT was re-issued to my Engage build.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    how do you like the Barrett otherwise? would you mind sending me a PM with price and where you got it? been looking but the few shops I have seen selling it want big bucks compared to what I have seen some online sites going for

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I love my ssa triggers. There is a reason geissele cost what they do. You get what you pay for.

I wasn’t expecting an ssa out of an alg. In fact I’m not even that upset because I had a great trigger waiting and that immediately went into the rifle.

Just pointing out that, for supposedly being a refined mil spec trigger,I figured it would have felt better than a milspec trigger, not worse.

Edit *This is the alg qms trigger*

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    That's surprising that Barrett would put a value trigger in a expensive rifle.

Yeah- looks like an alg act trigger is pictured but a qms is listed in the text below the picture on Barrett site. Super weird.

I agree though, I would figure Barrett would have at least went with the act, which I’d assume is similar to lwrc trigger in their di rifle.

I wonder if alg will take a look at it if I contact them?

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I've got two self-built rifles with ALG QMS triggers in them. My five cents is that they're what they say they are - a "Quality Mil-Spec" trigger. As long as you go in to it knowing that it's going to be a more refined milspec trigger, and not a super light super smooth awesome trigger a la an SSA-E or whatever, you'll be happy. I like both of mine and I'm certainly happy with them for what I paid.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Hot take from a guy who runs triggers from PSA "mil-spec-ish" to upper-end Geisseles...

The ALG ACT and ST BT are both noticeable improvements over mil-spec. Both of those triggers can be improved slightly with better springs. Even a "good" mil-spec trigger (QMS) is gonna feel trashy compared to those without a polishing job and better springs.

But... you get what you pay for. The Geissele triggers smoke both of them, and even bumping it up to one of those $80-on-sale cassette triggers is going to be a big improvement (albeit of somewhat more questionable reliability).

Finally, I would encourage you to contact Barrett and tell them the trigger isn't very good. They might tell you your expectations are too high, or they might help you out, but you won't know until you ask.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    If only AR with a mil-spec trigger is my 1st build, after that I have gone with the ACT, a little synth grease on the engagement points, springs and pins with the trigger adjuster extremely light and a lot less take up.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Hot take from a guy who runs triggers from PSA "mil-spec-ish" to upper-end Geisseles...

The ALG ACT and ST BT are both noticeable improvements over mil-spec. Both of those triggers can be improved slightly with better springs. Even a "good" mil-spec trigger (QMS) is gonna feel trashy compared to those without a polishing job and better springs.

But... you get what you pay for. The Geissele triggers smoke both of them, and even bumping it up to one of those $80-on-sale cassette triggers is going to be a big improvement (albeit of somewhat more questionable reliability).

Finally, I would encourage you to contact Barrett and tell them the trigger isn't very good. They might tell you your expectations are too high, or they might help you out, but you won't know until you ask.

I've got an email into barrett to see what they say. If they do nothing, I wont be upset, as ive got the trigger situation handled. if they do something, it will be a plus :)

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    ACT is superior to the QMS in my opinion. I've had both.....ditched the qms which is simply a GI trigger that's had it's sear surfaces worked.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The only ALG I have is in the AK I just had built. It’s very nice, IMO. I have Geissele triggers in all my ARs.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Only issue I've ever experienced with the AKT (on someone else's Kalashnikov), is mild trigger slap - but that's supposedly mitigated by trimming the rivet head at the back of the trigger guard inside the receiver.

The Hungarian FCG in my build is light and clean enough, that I haven't felt the need to change it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom