• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIK

Jul 31, 2012
    MD
    Hi guys, not sure if this is the right section or not, but if you even want to get cutouts for pistol optics, DO NOT go with JagerWerks out of Michigan. I sent my 34 slide, practically brand new (about 6 months old) to them to get cuts for a Burris Fastfire III.

Got it back after 4 weeks and it was covered in rust spots and the internals were rusted bad enough that I needed pliers to pull out my plunger rod.

They've ignored my emails so far, but want to get the word out there ASAP. I'll post pics in the morning to verify the bad review. :tdown:

B2AMl4t

The album:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/bqelFMz

EDIT: Added a pic to start, have plenty more. Emailed Jagerwerks yesterday about 4pm EST, no response so far. There was orange all over the holes they drilled, there is no way in hell they could have overlooked it.

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This is simple. They buy you a new assembly, re-do the work correctly and within a week, and apologize profusely. Anything less than that warrants a full-on social media shame-fest.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I didn't even know you could rust a factory finished glock slide short of leaving it in salt water for a week!

NIK

Jul 31, 2012
    MD
    I didn't even know you could rust a factory finished glock slide short of leaving it in salt water for a week!

Yeah, me too. The only way they could've pulled it off is if it sat in the lubricant all day then they reassembled without bothering to dry it off. It's been a day and no response yet. I'm not holding my breath.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I tried. It won't let you post on their wall. The "post" button is there but grayed out.

It looks like it should allow you to post, the button was only grayed out until I started typing and then it lit up. I went under "Posts" on their sidebar.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    That sucks! I'd wait a little longer before roasting them online. Especially since you only emailed them yesterday afternoon. I've seen the consumer being head-hunted in many of these threads cause they didn't give the offender enough chance to make it right. Not saying you're in the wrong because I'd be pissed too... Just watching out for you.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Looks like they didn't flush the cutting fliud off after the CNC operation and stowed it allwing it to corrode.

They should buy you a new slide and refund all labor fees.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Looks like they didn't flush the cutting fliud off after the CNC operation and stowed it allwing it to corrode.

They should buy you a new slide and refund all labor fees.

New slide cut to what he wanted.... call it even. Again, I'd blast the living shit out of them on youtube.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    THAT is awful. I would be livid. I know you are.

:mad54:

This goes way past making a simple error. It’s nothing short of gross negligence and an uncaring attitude of this shop. Who in their right mind would even package and ship this slide back to the customer?

I hope you paid with credit card. In my own experience, Chase card services is pretty good for extracting damages from a business with proper documentation.

NIK

Jul 31, 2012
    MD
    That sucks! I'd wait a little longer before roasting them online. Especially since you only emailed them yesterday afternoon. I've seen the consumer being head-hunted in many of these threads cause they didn't give the offender enough chance to make it right. Not saying you're in the wrong because I'd be pissed too... Just watching out for you.

I appreciate it. I did end up hearing back last night. They offered to media blast it, re finish and replace internals. I'm grudgingly ok with that, mainly because, well, it's damn near new slide and it comes back with internal rust. Exterior is one thing, but having a coat of it thick enough that you can't remove your extractor rod without tools is something else.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I appreciate it. I did end up hearing back last night. They offered to media blast it, re finish and replace internals. I'm grudgingly ok with that, mainly because, well, it's damn near new slide and it comes back with internal rust. Exterior is one thing, but having a coat of it thick enough that you can't remove your extractor rod without tools is something else.

The pitting looks pretty bad. A refinish may not cover the pitting.

The internals will continue rusting, the new refinish won't get in the bores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom