• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hondo

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Can anyone fill me in on the legalities of carrying a tomahawk in a car in Maryland? I have a feeling that this was probably covered at some point but I haven't found a thread on this subject.

Thanks.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Can anyone fill me in on the legalities of carrying a tomahawk in a car in Maryland? I have a feeling that this was probably covered at some point but I haven't found a thread on this subject.

Thanks.

They're not tomahawks. They're small hatchets. For chopping kindling when you go camping. No law against gathering firewood.

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    Why not? hatchett, tomahawk, axe, chainsaw bayonet, all the same right?

Attachments

• chainsaw bayonette.jpg
      chainsaw bayonette.jpg
      32.5 KB · Views: 474
    I have not looked this up to determine the validity, but our farm truck always has at least 2 machetes and an axe as well as other wood cutting utensils. From what I've been told, they are considered "tools" until used otherwise because of the truck being designated farm vehicle.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    You just never know when you'll be driving through Amish country when all of a sudden someone asks you to help them raise a new barn.

Come on guy, Amish asking for help? :D

They're like beavers. Drive down middle of nowhere in PA, look at a field and it's empty. Come back the next day and there's a huge barn built that's filled up with hay.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    Just do NOT park the car on school grounds. Had an old machete fall into a wheel well froom using my car to carry camping gear. Son drove it to school, parked in teacher lot - big no no - car got searched. They found what I had lost years earlier covered in rust. Had to go to court for that.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    We chuckle, but before Sam Colt made men equal, tomahawks/ hatchets , and big ass knives Were sidearms. Pistols were too unreliable and single shot at best, swords and muskets were cumbersome for constant carry. ( And knives and hatchet equivalents had usefulness as everyday tools.)

But at the OP's inquiry, tomahawks/ hatchets are not enumerated in 4-101 as *Extra Evil* , so they would be treated the same as fixed blade knive, axes, hammers, chain saws, swords, etc.

Don't conceal them . Don't commit felonies. Don't traffic CDS. Don't have intent to ( kind of varies in case law). Be cognizant of possible ambiguity between transported in vehicle, and carried concealed in vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom