• ...and so much more!
  • Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    What's the barrel length?

PTR 32 KFR Gen. II

flash hider, H&K navy type polymer trigger group housing, black polymer stock with HK 91 length black tactical handguard, black powdercoat finish, welded scope mount *(Gen. II PTR 32 models come with a 16" barrel and an HK 91 length handguard and cocking tube. Gen. I PTR 32's came with a 16" barrel with HK 93 length handguard and cocking tube)

Specifications:
    Caliber: 7.62x39
    Action: Delayed Blowback Roller-Lock System
    Overall length: 39"
    Weight: 9.5 lb.
    Barrel: 16" match grade, tapered barrel
    Stock: standard fixed stock

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Would anyone use this as hunting rifle with steel ammo just in case I will get into the hunting game soon (not will be hardcore on hunting)

That really depends on what you intend to hunt and where you intend to hunt. Barring any local restrictions in the area you hunt- (i.e. PA doesn't allow semi auto rifles, some counties in MD are shotgun only, etc.)- 7.62x39 is certainly adequate for deer & boar.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    These run no issues with Steel case 7.62x39?
    There are reviews online and videos on Gootube of guys testing all kinds of magazines and running the usual selection of ammo. Steel runs fine.
    What good would a 7.62-Commie gun be if it couldn't run steel case ammo? :shrug: :D

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I picked one of these up from Duffy's yesterday (thanks Vince and Greg!) and took it to the range. Here's my amateur report:

The rifle is very well made. Fit and finish are very good, everything is nice and tight.

I only had time to run 80 rounds through it with all the break-in work PTR wants. I used TulAmmo steel-case 122 grain FMJ.
    The rifle ate it like Cookie Monster eats cookies.
    cookie-monster.gif

I had one multi-feed failure when the rifle made it crystal clear it would not tolerate cheap crap Promag steel AK magazines. The thing was floppy in the mag well. The bolt caught a feed lip on the way forward and mangled the top of the magazine setting my little commie friends free from their temporary bondage to clog up the receiver. :sad20: The supplied polymer Bulgy mag worked perfectly as did a clear Bulgy mag I already own. I tried a Tapco mag and it was very tight in the mag well. Too tight. But it did function just fine after hammering it home with a shovel.

Recoil was modest, as I'd expect from a full-size battle rifle firing and intermediate cartridge. Ejection was consistent 6-8 feet, level at 2 o'clock. Bullets were hitting the target low and to the right, but I don't have the HK adjustment tool and I really just wanted to check function and have fun. Could be the shooter too, he ain't so good. :rolleyes:

My amateur opinion is the trigger is OK. After take up there is some "creeping" before it goes bang. It's a pretty heavy trigger, 9 lb at least. The reset is very positive.

Conclusion: Shooting stuff is fun. This rifle shoots stuff good, so it's fun. :D:thumbsup:

Pics of the PTR 32 KFR with it's big brother PTR 91 GI below.

Attachments

• ptr2.jpg
      ptr2.jpg
      43.5 KB · Views: 947
    • ptr1.jpg
      ptr1.jpg
      43 KB · Views: 972

Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    I picked one of these up from Duffy's yesterday (thanks Vince and Greg!) and took it to the range. Here's my amateur report:

Awesome! Thanks for the report and update!
    I really like to hear about guns after they've left the shop, it's important for me with helping other customers who are also interested.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county

The rifle is very well made. Fit and finish are very good, everything is nice and tight.

I only had time to run 80 rounds through it with all the break-in work PTR wants. I used TulAmmo steel-case 122 grain FMJ.
    The rifle ate it like Cookie Monster eats cookies.
    cookie-monster.gif

I had one multi-feed failure when the rifle made it crystal clear it would not tolerate cheap crap Promag steel AK magazines. The thing was floppy in the mag well. The bolt caught a feed lip on the way forward and mangled the top of the magazine setting my little commie friends free from their temporary bondage to clog up the receiver. :sad20: The supplied polymer Bulgy mag worked perfectly as did a clear Bulgy mag I already own. I tried a Tapco mag and it was very tight in the mag well. Too tight. But it did function just fine after hammering it home with a shovel.

Recoil was modest, as I'd expect from a full-size battle rifle firing and intermediate cartridge. Ejection was consistent 6-8 feet, level at 2 o'clock. Bullets were hitting the target low and to the right, but I don't have the HK adjustment tool and I really just wanted to check function and have fun. Could be the shooter too, he ain't so good. :rolleyes:

My amateur opinion is the trigger is OK. After take up there is some "creeping" before it goes bang. It's a pretty heavy trigger, 9 lb at least. The reset is very positive.

Conclusion: Shooting stuff is fun. This rifle shoots stuff good, so it's fun. :D:thumbsup:

Pics of the PTR 32 KFR with it's big brother PTR 91 GI below.

How did it group? pics of target?

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    How did it group? pics of target?

While I'd like to blame the freakishly-tall benches at Delta Peach Bottom, or my not-so-good eyesight, it's probably more accurate to say I'm not good enough at this yet to make any useful comments on grouping. I was really just having fun, breaking it in, and checking function, in that order.

I can say I got all of about 20 shots on the paper at 100 yards, but it was a big piece of paper. :D

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    While I'd like to blame the freakishly-tall benches at Delta Peach Bottom, or my not-so-good eyesight, it's probably more accurate to say I'm not good enough at this yet to make any useful comments on grouping. I was really just having fun, breaking it in, and checking function, in that order.

I can say I got all of about 20 shots on the paper at 100 yards, but it was a big piece of paper. :D

:lol:.. well get back out there. :D

ziptiespec

PTR-91 owner here, though I didn't purchase from Duffy's :(

I find the the roller-lock system to be very comfortable to shoot. I only have one other gun that shoots a similar round to compare to. That's a VEPR in 54R, which is a completely different experience (AK action vs roller-lock). I can comfortably shoot my PTR for longer periods without discomfort. The VEPR takes it's toll and after 30 rounds or so I am feeling something close to sore.

I do have a harder time with the PTR's HK sights though. Eye distance from rear sight (HK) seems to be important. As crude as they are, I seem to be able to use the AK sights better. I'm still learning the PTR though. It's a fantastic rifle and I wish I had the funds to add a 7.62x39 variant to my collection.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Would anyone use this as hunting rifle with steel ammo just in case I will get into the hunting game soon (not will be hardcore on hunting)

Not for real hunting. A tree stand sure, but spot and stalk or predators or any kind of serious elevation no way. Too damn heavy. I have a century C93 that is a GREAT gun. But DAMN is it a lunker.

In MY experience these rifles are absolutely worth the money. I am so tempted to get the .308 but my tax money is still on its way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Not for real hunting. A tree stand sure, but spot and stalk or predators or any kind of serious elevation no way. Too damn heavy. I have a century C93 that is a GREAT gun. But DAMN is it a lunker.

In MY experience these rifles are absolutely worth the money. I am so tempted to get the .308 but my tax money is still on its way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can always ship one out to Colorado for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom