• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Companies who do this can seriously go fvck themselves. I'll no longer purchase their products or do business with them in any way, shape or form. To me, it represents the height of disrespect for me, as their customer.

Understood.

I'm still going to reserve a little judgement based on the fact MAC is known to not like Sig. Everyone is entitled to their bias but if he is going to promote himself as an unbiased reviewer then every product should get a fair shot. Quite possibly he got a lemon. Its one reason I like the Hickock guy. Although he is quite possibly too positive about everything he reviews he admits he is a Glock guy and doesn't appear to go into any review with a predisposition.

I started looking at CZ because of MACs glowing reviews until I found out he visited a CZ factory and they use his videos for marketing on their site. I'm sure it wasn't for free. Its like the review sites like "Top10." They get paid to promote products in the guise of reviews. All very nefarious to those just looking for a quality product.

Not saying this problem isn't a bad one but so far I don't see a whole lot of mass complaints. Not yet at least.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I was allowed to shoot one of these yesterday at a dueling tree. Feels great in the hands. Love the big bright dot front sight. Couldn’t hit the plates with it with the 10rds I put through it though...

Others were nailing the plates without issue, so I’d need a whole lot more practice with it. Had trouble with a p320 the first time I handled one too. Just that much different than the glocks I’m so used to.

My agency was looking at these for backup weapons/desk jockey issue. We put around 20,000 rounds through one and were suitably impressed. Despite being a Glock fan, I'm not a fan of the G43. I really like my S&W Shield but I think I'm going to retire in in favor of the 365. We even have a notoriously anti Sig guy involved in the testing that was unable to come up with a reason for us not to go forward with the 365.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    My agency was looking at these for backup weapons/desk jockey issue. We put around 20,000 rounds through one and were suitably impressed. Despite being a Glock fan, I'm not a fan of the G43. I really like my S&W Shield but I think I'm going to retire in in favor of the 365. We even have a notoriously anti Sig guy involved in the testing that was unable to come up with a reason for us not to go forward with the 365.

Seriously 20,000 rounds?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Understood.

I'm still going to reserve a little judgement based on the fact MAC is known to not like Sig. Everyone is entitled to their bias but if he is going to promote himself as an unbiased reviewer then every product should get a fair shot. Quite possibly he got a lemon. Its one reason I like the Hickock guy. Although he is quite possibly too positive about everything he reviews he admits he is a Glock guy and doesn't appear to go into any review with a predisposition.

I started looking at CZ because of MACs glowing reviews until I found out he visited a CZ factory and they use his videos for marketing on their site. I'm sure it wasn't for free. Its like the review sites like "Top10." They get paid to promote products in the guise of reviews. All very nefarious to those just looking for a quality product.

Not saying this problem isn't a bad one but so far I don't see a whole lot of mass complaints. Not yet at least.

I haven't watched enough MAC videos to know their history of bias against Sig products but, yeah, like you said, they were unashamedly orgasmic when the CZ P-10 first became available for review and downright brutal when issues with the Sig P-320 started cropping-up. It's hard to find a YouTube reviewer who isn't biased in some way or another, though. I tend to take all of them with a grain of salt.

If Sig's past track record of resolving new product issues is any indication, the broken firing pin/primer drag issue will eventually be fixed but, not before it becomes a major PITA for owners to get it resolved quickly. I think this is only the beginning.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I was binge watching youtube videos on the P-365 this morning, and in one of the MAC ones (I think) the narrator admitted that he did A LOT of dry firing, probably as much or more than live fire. And he conceded that his dry firing MIGHT have contributed to the firing pin issue.

I don't think that should cause the firing pin to break, but if the other comments about the metallurgy in the pins is true, then the combination of sub-optimal metal, primer smear and dry firing just might have something to do with the pin breakage.

As one of the many folks waiting for this pistol to get out of the MD purgatory/twilight zone, I really hope that SIG has fixed the pin problem. Still not sure what to make of the primer smear issue, but maybe that'll get fixed at the same time. I'd hate to buy a carry gun that I can't trust completely for the extremely rare times I get to carry when I'm in the rest of the country and outside of the People's Republic of Marylandistan.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I've got a close relative one with one in Pa. He has his own farm and range, and enough lucre to put lots and lots of rounds through his handgun collection and he has had no problems after quite a few thousand rounds through his p365, which I've put maybe 400 rounds through myself.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

At what round count did you replace the barrel?

I don't make the requirements, I'm just one of the people that conduct the tests. Apparently there was an issue during a previous test years ago with only doing 10K rounds and there was some issue with cracks in the frame after 15K due to using required ammo.

Barrel was NOT replaced. The argument to that was the vast majority of the agency issued duty weapons (14 years old) have not had barrel changes and many of them are over the 20K mark after being recycled through numerous training classes, schools, quals etc. They just wanted us to beat them up and see what broke/didn't break for reliability etc.

Last edited:

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Not going to watch the MAC videos because he’s an arrogant jackass, but I’ve been seeing issues noted with the p365 - mostly related to the firing pin - from other sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Not going to watch the MAC videos because he’s an arrogant jackass

That is hysterical, right there.

I wonder what is going to happen with these channels now that Google isn't paying them. I think many of Hickock's firearms are mostly donated for a video review. He always gives credit in the beginning of the review to the donating shop. I don't think a lot of the other reviewers are as fortunate.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Does anyone know if The Machine Gun Nest has the Sig P365 available for rent? I'd like to check one out before deciding if I want to buy one. Thanks all.

Cal68

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I figured I'd see a lot of us there too, but no known MDSers.

Stripped, cleaned and lubed it last night. I'm hoping that the initial roughness of the bearing surfaces and trigger will smooth out with use. Also going to try to find the alleged 12 round mags somewhere in a free state. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom