• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Sorry if this is a repeat from an older thread/forum, but I searched for a while and couldn't really find my answer.

I'm expecting my HQL in the mail any day now, but purchased an AR on 2 June. I know (I think) "banned" AR's are considered "regulated", as are handguns. Are MD legal AR's considered "regulated" as well, therefore preventing me from the one-per-month rule, or can I start my handgun purchase as soon as I get my card? Or, will I need to wait until July 3rd?

Buckyrocks

Jan 17, 2009
    Harford county
    Well, there isn't really a banned category for long guns anymore. It's either banned or cash and carry as I understand it. I don't know if the long gun counts toward the one a month rule though (Get your designated collector status!).
    If I remember correctly though, there was some kind of "exemption" that would let you get 2 at the same time, I just don't remember the specifics of it.
    Welcome to the forum, by the way!

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    That's great news guys, thanks for the clarification. Was what I was hoping you'd say. Definitely looking into Collector status, soon.....

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Long guns have nothing to do with the one gun every 30 days, that's only for regulated firearms (which means handguns)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom