Opinion: Is it wise to go ahead an buy a semi-auto rifle now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sand_Man

Dec 18, 2012
    New here. But have been observant for a few months seeing im a gun freak here in great land of Maryland :lol2
    With the potential AWB coming is it wise to buy a rifle now? If they do reintroduce AWB will you still be able to legally have,carry, and shoot your rifle at gun ranges?

Shutterbug

Have camera, will travel!
    Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    I think it won't be much different than the ban on Class III weapons, if such a ban went through for semi auto rifles. They're so much more dangerous than semi auto pistols, you see!

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    Its always a good time to buy, if you can find it for a decent price. I wouldn't pay anymore today than they were going for a month ago.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Man those GBs I was in on earlier this year do not seem like such a bad idea now. :sad20:

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Even *if* another AWB happens, you will have several months to decide to buy. It's difficult to even speculate on what form a new AWB might take.

I was in a shop today to pick up a rifle I had transferred a week ago. He had an entire wall of ARs and AKs when I did paperwork, as of this morning they were all sold and people were putting down payments on rifles he hadn't even received yet. Guys were lined up, waiting.

In another month or so there should be better supply but I expect the asking prices will go even higher.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I think we need a new AR brand name or line called Purple Unicorn or something. That doesn't sound menacing at all like Bushmaster.

krew08

Lurker.
    Feb 26, 2010
    PA
    I think we need a new AR brand name or line called Purple Unicorn or something. That doesn't sound menacing at all like Bushmaster.

Do you mean Bushwacker? (To soon?)

If you have not seen it, google around for the Hello Kitty AR15. A gun as cute as that one just can't be menacing. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom