• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Nope it is legal and therefore I am exercising my rights. Following is quote from AG

7. What requirements exist for citizens while transporting long guns to and from
    various destinations?

While there may be federal laws that control the transportation of firearms on airplanes and trains, the only Maryland law I have found that relates to this matter with respect to long guns is NR

You still leave yourself open to things like "disturbing the peace". They can say they didn't charge you with a firearm violation, and still be within the letter of the law. All they need is a "mad man with shotgun on a motorcycle" call. :rolleyes:

rglrguy

Dec 15, 2010
    Harford
    I would think that there are a lot of people in MD who are ignorant of this, and have weapons when they are camping. As I said earlier, I was completely ignorant (and proud of it) until I took a close look at the AG response posted in this thread.

I choose to hike and camp out of state for this reason. I really enjoy shenandoah in virginia

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Ok, so my buddies say dont do it BUT, lets say we ride the motorcycles to a gun show and i buy a long gun, I have thought about a way to fasten it to the bike and ride home or even a sling and on my back. My buddies say i wont make it home before im pulled over.. thoughts on this? legal?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Ok, so my buddies say dont do it BUT, lets say we ride the motorcycles to a gun show and i buy a long gun, I have thought about a way to fasten it to the bike and ride home or even a sling and on my back. My buddies say i wont make it home before im pulled over.. thoughts on this? legal?

A judge will decide ...

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    "If there's no firearms allowed in State Parks, how is it that Elk Neck State Park has a shooting range? Entrapment? LOL."

This is because the shooting is in Elkneck State FOREST. Elkneck State Park is further down 272.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    "If there's no firearms allowed in State Parks, how is it that Elk Neck State Park has a shooting range? Entrapment? LOL."

This is because the shooting is in Elkneck State FOREST. Elkneck State Park is further down 272.

If you go back to my post, you'll see the edit at the bottom. At first, I didn't see the exception for state parks in the law.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Carry is verboten in Delaware State Parks also. It's a real shame because we used to really enjoy Cape Henlopen and Trap Pond.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I understood your edit. Elkneck State Forest is a different entity from Elkneck State Park. It is managed by the Park but is different from it. The range is in the Forest not the Park. Just sayin' in case someone looks for the Park then they are sent a twenty minute drive back to the forest they passed on the way in.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I understood your edit. Elkneck State Forest is a different entity from Elkneck State Park. It is managed by the Park but is different from it. The range is in the Forest not the Park. Just sayin' in case someone looks for the Park then they are sent a twenty minute drive back to the forest they passed on the way in.

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom