• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alanbdot

Jul 8, 2013
    I am looking to get at least one, possibly 2 suppressors. I know that with the HPA in limbo, supply is very high and demand has almost completely dropped off so prices have started to go down. Im looking to find a local (within a 30-40 minute drive of the Baltimore/Washington area) shop that sell suppressors as I know not all shops do. Preferably shops that carry several different brands so I can avoid the whole "The one brand I carry is the best so buy IT and nothing else" as well as a shop that is very fair in their current market pricing.

Thanks everyone for your time and help

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    The very first thing that I would do is look at http://silencershop.com and see what their pricing looks like on your various options.

Then I'd look at our IPs here and see what they're advertising, and finally maybe call your local shops. One of my cans I bought off the shelf at a local dealer because it was a fantastic deal. The other two I had another local small dealer order for me because he got great pricing on them.

Looking at Silencershop and maybe Capitol Armory (http://capitolarmory.com) will give you at least a baseline on pricing.

Do you know what suppressors you're after? What are you looking for?

xdmdude

Oct 1, 2011
    Check out silencershop. They work with several local ips. You buy through the website and do your fingerprints and such at the shop. Once your paperwork comes back you pick it up at the local ip too.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Check out Silencershop. We have their fingerprint kiosk in the shop. Have then ship to us makes the process very simple. I'd be happy to explain it all over the phone.

Alanbdot

Jul 8, 2013
    The very first thing that I would do is look at http://silencershop.com and see what their pricing looks like on your various options.

Then I'd look at our IPs here and see what they're advertising, and finally maybe call your local shops. One of my cans I bought off the shelf at a local dealer because it was a fantastic deal. The other two I had another local small dealer order for me because he got great pricing on them.

Looking at Silencershop and maybe Capitol Armory (http://capitolarmory.com) will give you at least a baseline on pricing.

Do you know what suppressors you're after? What are you looking for?

The suppressors I am most interested in were the Silencerco Hybrid, Rugged Obsidian 45, and maybe a Dead Air Mask HD 22. The reason I asked about best prices was I was hoping there were MD dealers who who maybe price match. For example I found the Rugged for FAR cheaper than SilencerShop at a dealer in VA right on their website. To avoid the transfer fee Id like to find a MD dealer that could match it and I would buy that particular one tomorrow if that were the case.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    SS does not carry SiCo or Dead Air, so keep that in mind. There are a number of IP's that carry suppressors. Also keep in mind is the SS dealer does not have it in stock, there is that pesky Form 3 that can take several more months on top of the already extended times.
    Figure out what cans you want, find out who has them, go from there....

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    AFAIK it is still a sellers market. It's like getting a deal on a bottle of Chateau Margaux vintage Grand Cru wine. Unlike wine, once they sell it, they have to store it somewhere, mine has been in jail for 9 months. I hope it's in a safe instead of on an open shelf in the back room waiting for someone to crash a stolen car through the wall and grab as much as they can in 5 minutes.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    We carry a number of Silencerco products and can order any manufacturer or model. Form 3s are taking about a month

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom