• ...and so much more!
  • J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    He should be in office

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The reason I and many, many others got involved is because we all examined what was happening, and decided we had to speak out. Jack's story is so powerful because he was one of a handful of officials to be so intimately involved with the system to come out publicly and tell the truth.

I know there are several other officers, that have not yet spoke out against the incredible injustice that the people of Maryland have endured now for decades; I believe because they fear retribution from the now established system of crooked politicians that have run this state into the ground. I find it hard to blame these officers who know and feel like Jack, but remain largely silent in public because they fear they may be reassigned, be overlooked for promotion, or lose their pension. I get it, so this makes the testimony of this retired State Trooper all the more powerful, rare and heartfelt.

Believe me, we are winning nationally, the facts are on our side; this is just one small illustration of "truth to power" you will find.

If you've ever thought about finding and supporting a cause for all the right reasons - this is it. In all sincerity, please consider joining/supporting MSI or other pro 2A groups in Maryland and do what you can to help put truth back into Maryland politics. What helps most is if more of you would run for office, and thanks to the few of you that have or seriously considered it.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I have watched the clip several times. Great stuff. :thumbsup:

It has some folks so :mad54: that I have now seen claims that Jack is a paid lobbyist.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I have watched the clip several times. Great stuff. :thumbsup:

It has some folks so :mad54: that I have now seen claims that Jack is a paid lobbyist.

If he was a lobbyist, you wouldn't see him testifying in committee, you would see him wining and dining the senators in Annapolis most expensive restaurant.

While I agree with him, he needs to work on his argument and delivery.

Jack McCauley

Oct 16, 2014
    If he was a lobbyist, you wouldn't see him testifying in committee, you would see him wining and dining the senators in Annapolis most expensive restaurant. While I agree with him, he needs to work on his argument and delivery.

I am always open for advice. Please PM me with any suggestions.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

Really??
    You must not have watched his testimony, I think he did one of, if not the best delivery of information to our representatives I've ever had the pleasure of watching. I think he drove home the point perfectly.
    Thank you again Mr. McCauley for your picture perfect delivery.:thumbsup:

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Jack, You speak truth to power. You enjoy the respect of those who know that your position is born of experience and knowledge. Honor, integrity and a superior ability to articulate a rational position are in short supply among those who opine on guns and citizens rights. There are so many charlatans and passionate but poorly prepared folks who are on both sides of a very contentious issue. You stand out. And you stand out in Maryland...that's no small feat.

There are many "experts" who don't have bonafides but do have fire in their belly or more likely an overwhelming urge to speak as if they knew when really they do not.

You acknowledge a dearth of personal knowledge about the ammunition in question. Thank you for your continued candor. It makes me wonder why so many other folks are so quick to pass themselves as knowledgeable experts when it's much more likely they don't really know jack...

Thanks again for your courage in representing something that is increasingly important in today's society. I appreciate what you do for us.

IMO and as an aside, you have as much or as little future as you may desire as a lobbyist. It's great money but (if you do) once you take it, you will almost certainly lose credibility among those who stand on the other side of this issue. It will further empower their attempts to discredit you.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Really??
    You must not have watched his testimony, I think he did one of, if not the best delivery of information to our representatives I've ever had the pleasure of watching. I think he drove home the point perfectly.
    Thank you again Mr. McCauley for your picture perfect delivery.:thumbsup:

Agree 100%. I was next to Jack when he gave his WaPo Q&A on 2A Tuesday. He was precise in his delivery. When the interviewer tried to get him into a corner, he eloquently displayed facts. His delivery to me is measured, appropriate, and has impeccable timing. The guy is genuine with his delivery. But as we know, facts don't matter to a majority of the MD elected officials.

I dont like that he said applicants will still have to articulate a reason for self defense when applying.

That still leaves the decision up to the individual troopers if the applicants reason is good enough. Self Defense should be good enough, you should not have to articulate it.

IMO we will still be in the same boat were in now.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I dont like that he said applicants will still have to articulate a reason for self defense when applying.

That still leaves the decision up to the individual troopers if the applicants reason is good enough. Self Defense should be good enough, you should not have to articulate it.

IMO we will still be in the same boat were in now.

If they put "self defense" as a good reason, there should be nothing else that needs to be said. That is the intent of the legislation.

The other "benefit" of this legislation (if it comes up for a vote) is that it will force the anti-gun legislators to vote against self-defense. That will be on record.

capinyoass

Apr 19, 2013
    As the head of the Maryland State Police Licensing Division, Jack McCauley decided what would qualify as a “good and substantial” reason to obtain a handgun permit on a case by case basis. Maryland is a “may issue” state — meaning the ultimate decision on whether to issue a concealed carry permit is left to a government official.

I'm unimpressed, as the head of the MSP he had a duty to the citizens he served to study the facts and do the right thing, he chose to play politics with the safety and well being of those he swore to protect. His 11th hour religious conversion is a little to late....Sounds like a campaign is coming.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    If he was a lobbyist, you wouldn't see him testifying in committee, you would see him wining and dining the senators in Annapolis most expensive restaurant.

Facts spoken from the heart is a winner in my book!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    As the head of the Maryland State Police Licensing Division, Jack McCauley decided what would qualify as a “good and substantial” reason to obtain a handgun permit on a case by case basis. Maryland is a “may issue” state — meaning the ultimate decision on whether to issue a concealed carry permit is left to a government official.

I'm unimpressed, as the head of the MSP he had a duty to the citizens he served to study the facts and do the right thing, he chose to play politics with the safety and well being of those he swore to protect. His 11th hour religious conversion is a little to late....Sounds like a campaign is coming.

That's a pretty crass summation. Watch the video and re-read what you wrote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom