Fire Call!!!! Dems attempting to ram SB741/HB888...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

DO NOT SEND TO ALL!!!

Only send to the democrat committee members. In Annapolis last week, I, and others, were told the friendly legislators were being overwhelmed by emails and calls requesting support or opposition on bills they were already on our side of the aisle.

Overload the Dems and make them aware that we will make them feel the consequences for their actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Sent to those in thread.

(My address)
    February 26, 2018

Subject: SB707/HB888

Honorable Senators and Delegates,

I am writing to ask for you to oppose subject bill. As with most gun control bills, it will not prevent violence. In addition, in the manner in which it is written this legislation will impact many more individuals than just those utilizing trigger cranks and bump stocks. It is possible to "bump-fire" without any products. There are videos on YouTube showing this. For example just holding a finger stiff can "bump" the trigger. This bill has no real value. It is also not enforceable.

I will be tracking your your vote and I will be sure to spread the information in preparation to the elections this year.

Please direct your legislative energy to curbing the violence in Baltimore by addressing the criminal, not the tool. As in the testimony from the Baltimore City Police Chief (Acting), there has been not one legally owned forearm recovered as the result of a crime.

Please vote against HB-0888, or SB-0707

Sincerely,

Not_an_outlaw

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Sent to those in thread.

(My address)
    February 26, 2018

I am writing to ask for you to oppose subject bill. As with most gun control bills, it will not prevent violence. In addition, in the manner in which it is written this legislation will impact many more individuals than just those utilizing trigger cranks and bump stocks. It is possible to "bump-fire" without any products. There are videos on YouTube showing this. For example just holding a finger stiff can "bump" the trigger. This bill has no real value. It is also not enforceable.

I will be tracking your your vote and I will be sure to spread the information in preparation to the elections this year.

Please direct your legislative energy to curbing the violence in Baltimore by addressing the criminal, not the tool. As in the testimony from the Baltimore City Police Chief (Acting), there has been not one legally owned forearm recovered as the result of a crime.

Sincerely,

Not_an_outlaw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FGT1958

With thanks to Not an outlaw:

February 26, 2018

FGT1958

I am writing to ask for you to oppose the subject bill. As with most gun control bills, it will not prevent violence. In addition, the manner in which this legislation is written will impact many more individuals than just those utilizing trigger cranks and bump stocks. It will also criminalize anyone with a firearm with an adjustable trigger or anyone that installs/modifies a trigger for competition.

It is possible to "bump-fire" without any products. There are videos on YouTube showing this. For example just holding a finger stiff can "bump" the trigger. This bill has no real value. It is also not enforceable.

Please direct your legislative energy to curbing the violence in Baltimore by addressing the criminal, not the tool. As noted in the testimony from the Baltimore City Police Chief (Acting), there has been not one legally owned firearm recovered that was used in the commission of a crime.

Sincerely,

FGT1958

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

Magnetic. Thanks for posting these links. The AGC link makes it very easy to craft a personalized message and send this to both committees in about 3min

Here is mine. Dont get too critical im trying to do this at work between appointments. The point is that personalized messages that are not carbon copies have more impact.

I’ll try to send out more from every single email address that I can recall along with sending these links to my friends who may not be so active in 2A matters or even realize what is happing.

I am strongly opposed to HB888

As proposed this bill will be ineffective at reducing violent attacks and simultaneously criminalize the possession of currently legal firearm modifications used for legal hunting, competition sport shooting and self defence.

As a law abiding democrat in the state I urge you to please consider opposing this bill. I am a business leader, active community member, volunteer at various non profit organizations who can speak clearly and persuasively to my colleagues. I wil be following this legislation and those who support it closely. I will speak openly with all of those who are willing to discuss the impact of this proposed law. I will be sure to explain in detail how this law may or does impact their current law abiding activities. I will be persuasive in explaining how your participation has impacted them negatively.

Regards,

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    My thought right now is: President Trump has said he'll ban bumpstocks so you know it must be a bad idea.
    I think they'll never side with him.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Done.

Dems on both committees. I kept it very simple, and stole some of the stuff from all ya other deplorables.

I am writing to today in lieu of being able to testify in opposition to HB 0888 / SB 0707 on Wednesday 2/28/2018. This bill must receive an UNFAVORABLE REPORT from the committee in any and all forms, with or without amendments.

As with most gun control bills, this legislation merely targets peaceful and law abiding citizens like myself who have chosen to enhance the quality of their legal owned firearms. Not only will this proposal not prevent violence, worse, it will make me a criminal and rip me away from my family. If the intent of the proposal is to stop violence, then why will you add me to the number of those jailed for merely increasing the accuracy, and thus safety, of any firearm?

I will be tracking your vote and I will be sure to spread the information in preparation to the elections this year.

This proposal is nothing but a solution in search of a problem. Do not make me a felon simply because you think you are doing "what is right." Solving violence and crime in the state of Maryland should start with more than demonizing a few pieces of metal and plastic. As noted in the testimony from the Baltimore City Police Chief (Acting), there has been not one legally owned firearm recovered that was used in the commission of a crime.

Vote UNFAVORABLE on HB 0888 / SB 0707

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    A copy of what I sent. Taylored towards each member of the GA

Attachments

• D49F3EB7-DE5E-4144-8BA1-3D6C5F939820.jpg
      D49F3EB7-DE5E-4144-8BA1-3D6C5F939820.jpg
      45.4 KB · Views: 426

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    One thing that I noticed in section 4-306 of the bill was this sentence: "A person who uses an assault weapon, A RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR,
    or a magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition..."

Granted this talks about during the commission of a crime, but this is the first time that I have seen large magazines mentioned. Is this language currently in effect? Just showing my legal ignorance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom