Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I just got home from testifying.
    Does anyone have the audio recording? My wife really wants to hear it.

Your testimony was great and thank you for the personal touch. If you go to the bill page, http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?stab=01&pid=billpage&tab=subject3&ys=2018rs&id=HB1302, there will be a little video camera icon to the right of the "Judicial Proceedings" link in the "Committee(s)" section once the encoding is done and sectioned, which typically takes about 24 hours. Once it is sectioned, the bill page will take you directly to the point in the hearing where that bill is discussed.

If you don't want to wait for the sectioning to be completed, go to this page - http://mgahouse.maryland.gov/mga/pl...?catalog/03e481c7-8a42-4438-a7da-93ff74bdaa4c and slide to 4:12:25.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Video is here:
    http://mgahouse.maryland.gov/mga/pl...?catalog/03e481c7-8a42-4438-a7da-93ff74bdaa4c

Outstanding testimony, sir!

Of interest at the very tail end is Zirkin noting several "late signups" who just happened to be red shirt Moms. Yes, they got to testify.

A couple of the Grandmom's Devouring Appetizers in the front row kept scowling and sneering at the pro-gun speakers like they were the guy who just took the last set of crab legs off the buffet at a Chinese restaurant.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    A couple of the Grandmom's Devouring Appetizers in the front row kept scowling and sneering at the pro-gun speakers like they were the guy who just took the last set of crab legs off the buffet at a Chinese restaurant.
    To be fair, I am sure there were some odd looks from several of us that were off-screen while the proponents were speaking as well...

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    To be fair, I am sure there were some odd looks from several of us that were off-screen while the proponents were speaking as well...

Just from watching the video, looks like everyone pro-gun (at least from what I saw on camera) behaved professionally and with maturity. The Mom's Demanding Appetites, especially a couple of them, acted like indignant children in their poor chairs who just couldn't stand the fact someone was disagreeing with them.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Just from watching the video, looks like everyone pro-gun (at least from what I saw on camera) behaved professionally and with maturity. The Mom's Demanding Appetites, especially a couple of them, acted like indignant children in their poor chairs who just couldn't stand the fact someone was disagreeing with them.

When we (the typical organizational folks) showed up outside the hearing room, the response was "Oh, great, THEY are here again." (emphasis added to reflect the tone of disdain used)

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    That brown haired lady in the long sleeve raspberry shirts HATES US.

She wants guns gone. That's all she wants. She wants them thrown into the trunk of a police cruiser. Never to be returned.

I think it was Senator Hough that said you can't prove a negative. Brilliant statement on his part and true. The grabber twins didn't like that. They went right back the petitioner making up more BS to make the charges stick.

Kill This Bill.

Last edited:

cyclops

Dec 31, 2016
    Western Md.
    Thanks for yours and everyone's testimony on behalf of all the gun owners in Md. Also thanks for the link to the proceedings every gun owner should watch this.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Great Job in testifying at the hearing. I wish I could have been there to see and hear all of your. I pray the dems all had open ears and understand the consequences
    of this terrible bill.

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    resource: testimony quoting ACLU criticisms of over-reaching "red flag" bills

I am attaching the written testimony that I submitted in opposition to the House-passed version of HB 1302, for the March 23 Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee hearing, at which I also made a two-minute presentation. Much of the verbiage in my written testimony was focused on the empowerment of "any other interested person" to file a petition for an "interim extreme risk prevention" order. As others have already reported above, some prominent proponents of the legislation were walking away from that provision during the hearing. However, even if "any other interested person" is stricken, there would remain provisions that would be subject to abuse, and constitutional problems. Regarding these, some may find good use for some of the material that I included in the attached written testimony, including quotes from the California ACLU in opposition to a "red flag" bill that was subsequently vetoed by Gov. Jerry Brown (D) in 2016, and quotes from the Rhode Island ACLU against a "red flag" bill currently pending in that state's legislature.

Attachments

• Testimony of Douglas Johnson on HB 1302.pdf
      72.8 KB · Views: 165
    Last edited:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Thank you, to each of you devoting your time, energy, and talents.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I am attaching the written testimony that I submitted in opposition to the House-passed version of HB 1302, for the March 23 Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee hearing, at which I also made a two-minute presentation. Much of the verbiage in my written testimony was focused on the empowerment of "any other interested person" to file a petition for an "interim extreme risk protection" order. As others have already reported above, some prominent proponents of the legislation were walking away from that provision during the hearing. However, even if "any other interested person" is stricken, there would remain provisions that would be subject to abuse, and constitutional problems. Regarding these, some may find good use for some of the material that I included in the attached written testimony, including quotes from the California ACLU in opposition to a "red flag" bill that was subsequently vetoed by Gov. Jerry Brown (D) in 2016, and quotes from the Rhode Island ACLU against a "red flag" bill currently pending in that state's legislature.

:thumbsup::patriot::patriot:

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I got an earful from the President of Maryland Shall Issue about this legislation. Wow! First Maryland bans scores of different types of guns. Now they are trying to confiscate guns with out due process. This is scary stuff that sounds like it came out of some bad science fiction novel. I am definitely writing letters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom