Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 14th, 2020, 08:11 PM #581

ANNAPOLIS GUN RIGHTS RALLY 2/5/20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalez View Post
This company will ship 30 round mags to Maryland and any other Communist states.

https://www.thiccboogline.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jefflac; February 14th, 2020 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Not trying to be a smart ass
Jefflac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2020, 11:03 PM #582
Duchifat 94th Batallion

Duchifat 94th Batallion

IDFInfantry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2020, 02:22 AM #583

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDFInfantry View Post
Well, I'd take issue with his premise. Refusing compliance has an effect.

His argument that the non-compliant will be taken in chains, called child molesters in order to taint them in the public eye, is just as easily applied to those who will "shoot them in the face".

Until there is sufficient organisation to alert a number of sympathetic supporters to appear at an unconstitutional taking/arrest in order to effect deterrence, his whole argument falls apart. We will all hang separately.

So the question becomes "What can be done about it?"

Or, more personally, "What, dear reader, are YOU going to do about it?"

So, any answers?

"Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland."

Originally Posted by Deep Lurker:
Quote:
Disclaimer: “No criminals will be harmed in the passage of these gun control bills.”
Bob A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2020, 06:14 PM #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
Well, I'd take issue with his premise. Refusing compliance has an effect.

His argument that the non-compliant will be taken in chains, called child molesters in order to taint them in the public eye, is just as easily applied to those who will "shoot them in the face".

Until there is sufficient organisation to alert a number of sympathetic supporters to appear at an unconstitutional taking/arrest in order to effect deterrence, his whole argument falls apart. We will all hang separately.

So the question becomes "What can be done about it?"

Or, more personally, "What, dear reader, are YOU going to do about it?"

So, any answers?
James is a contrarian. I think he's wrong, but I think his idea could actually complement non-compliance.

#WeWillNotComply
PowPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2020, 10:50 PM #585
Crank in the Third Row

Crank in the Third Row

After Action Rally Thoughts

The following are my thoughts and mine alone. I don't mean to cast aspersions, but I feel some may warranted.

Winning without Fighting –Information Environment Operations and Accelerated Warfare
https://www.army.gov.au/our-future/b...operations-and
Quote:

In July 2017, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) issued a change to United States doctrine, elevating information to its current position as the seventh joint function. This was done in recognition of the power information has to support military operations, particularly in the wake of modern technology and social media.

There is nothing new in recognising the power of information, or in seeing information as both a resource and a weapon. It is in transitioning this intellectual understanding into practical application where the Joint Force is failing to take advantage of the opportunities provided by the changing character of war...
Not to pee in the punch bowl, but I just am facing up to reality.

The VA rally had some advantages that our Annapolis rally didn't:
- Good timing, in the middle of a three day weekend; and
- Nationwide MSM coverage, in anticipation of Bugaloo, for at least two weeks prior.

The VA rally followed Information Warfare principles; ours didn't. The VA rally leveraged their (and our) Keyboard Kommandos on social media to build buzz; we belittled ours for not testifying. The VA clubs and organizations built a "Resistance" atmosphere; we went about our separate disparate ways. The VCDL took the spotlight as the leader of the rally and other orgs and clubs supported them; it appeared that our 2A organizations engaged in mumbling contests to see who could make the smallest statewide impact; and totally ignored national media.

True, we got air time AFTER, but it was nothing compared to the wall-to-wall live coverage of the VA rally. We need to think of ways to exploit the media beforehand for next year.

I'm afraid it's too late for this year, especially with the diluted schedule of hearings in the MGA...

Flame away.

Dark to Light; sheep no more. WWG1WGA WWNC
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2020, 11:03 PM #586

I will say they had the advantage of having an established date, on a holiday, they they had historically been holding a lobbying day on. Far easier for people to plan to attend something that they know about weeks in advance. Not only is the MD GA not holding gun bill days this year, they are trickling out hearing dates and sometimes scheduling them with short notice. Who knew HB 4 would be heard on the first day of committee meetings. But yes, I agree with most of your post. I will add that since we have been fighting this fight so long, and have so many different groups that all do things a little differently, that we have infighting. Does VA have that? Or is it mostly just the VCDL, so everyone just united behind them? Honest question as I haven't paid too much attention to VA.
Old February 16th, 2020, 11:39 PM #587
TV Personality

TV Personality

Don't you actually have to have been there to submit an AAR? Asking for a friend.

Mess with God's hour you get the Sig Sauer - Jack Wilson (probably)
Stoveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2020, 12:47 AM #588

Quote:
Originally Posted by knovotny View Post
Not only is the MD GA not holding gun bill days this year, they are trickling out hearing dates and sometimes scheduling them with short notice.
I was in the lobby of the House building, and overheard several Demanding Moms complaining that the distributed nature of this year's gun-bill schedule was making it difficult for *them* to rally the red-shirt troops. Seems it's equally inconvenient for both them and us ... probably the only group benefitting from the schedule is the legislators. They really didn't want to hear from us peons anyway ... they wouldn't want to be late for the Everytown Wine and Dine at Ruth's Chris, right?
MigraineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2020, 12:58 AM #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeoBill View Post
The following are my thoughts and mine alone. I don't mean to cast aspersions, but I feel some may warranted.

Winning without Fighting –Information Environment Operations and Accelerated Warfare
https://www.army.gov.au/our-future/b...operations-and

Not to pee in the punch bowl, but I just am facing up to reality.

The VA rally had some advantages that our Annapolis rally didn't:
- Good timing, in the middle of a three day weekend; and
- Nationwide MSM coverage, in anticipation of Bugaloo, for at least two weeks prior.

The VA rally followed Information Warfare principles; ours didn't. The VA rally leveraged their (and our) Keyboard Kommandos on social media to build buzz; we belittled ours for not testifying. The VA clubs and organizations built a "Resistance" atmosphere; we went about our separate disparate ways. The VCDL took the spotlight as the leader of the rally and other orgs and clubs supported them; it appeared that our 2A organizations engaged in mumbling contests to see who could make the smallest statewide impact; and totally ignored national media.

True, we got air time AFTER, but it was nothing compared to the wall-to-wall live coverage of the VA rally. We need to think of ways to exploit the media beforehand for next year.

I'm afraid it's too late for this year, especially with the diluted schedule of hearings in the MGA...

Flame away.
People have to show up. It's not hard to stand and hold a sign. There are 22 thousand members are on MDS. You can't go door to door and ask for participation. Its on them to look for opportunities.
Not_an_outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2020, 03:02 AM #590
Snakes and Sparklers

Snakes and Sparklers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigraineMan View Post
I was in the lobby of the House building, and overheard several Demanding Moms complaining that the distributed nature of this year's gun-bill schedule was making it difficult for *them* to rally the red-shirt troops. Seems it's equally inconvenient for both them and us ... probably the only group benefitting from the schedule is the legislators. They really didn't want to hear from us peons anyway ... they wouldn't want to be late for the Everytown Wine and Dine at Ruth's Chris, right?
It also allows them to hear MORE gun bills by stretching out the dateline. I have a feeling that this is going to be par for the course from here on out.
Kicken Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Tags
2/5 gun rights rally, gun bill hearings, hogan speech, more shaming shit, patriot picket, patriot picket sucks, wwnc