• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    The slide is difficult to pull back, and doesn't go all the forward on release. (It will if I pull it all the way back) On reassembly, the hammer group does not seat completely down lining up with the rail.
    I've looked and don't see anything out of place? I push the hammer group down and on goes slide, but don't know why slide so hard to move back and forth?
    Any ideas? Thanks

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Is this a new purchase, or something that you've been firing for a while now? The hammer group should sit in and line up without resistance, is there anything blocking it from doing so? A mis-aligned spring or guide?

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Is this a new purchase, or something that you've been firing for a while now? The hammer group should sit in and line up without resistance, is there anything blocking it from doing so? A mis-aligned spring or guide?

I got this one years ago. Finally cleaned it up and only fired a few rounds through it. From the looks of it, I'd say it's had no use. At first I thought maybe it just needs to be broke-in?
    Can't tell at this point whats blocking it?

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    I fixed it!! It was not the Trigger Mech (I called Hammer Group) The frame was rubbing against the "pin" that holds the connecting plate (hole where slide-stop goes through) under the barrel lug. This pin was not all the way in. Using a hammer and punch....a couple a taps ....function is perfect now. :thumbsup:

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I fixed it!! It was not the Trigger Mech (I called Hammer Group) The frame was rubbing against the "pin" that holds the connecting plate (hole where slide-stop goes through) under the barrel lug. This pin was not all the way in. Using a hammer and punch....a couple a taps ....function is perfect now. :thumbsup:

Cool! Glad it all worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom