• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    CZ announced their new Shadow 2 nearly a year ago now. Does anyone know if it has made it to the US and where I could pick one up? I looks like a really nice gun.

Also, the MD handgun roster doesn't list very many CZs, are they listed under something other than CZ USA?

Thanks!

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    CZ announced their new Shadow 2 nearly a year ago now. Does anyone know if it has made it to the US and where I could pick one up? I looks like a really nice gun.

Also, the MD handgun roster doesn't list very many CZs, are they listed under something other than CZ USA?

Thanks!

Go to http://czcustom.com/ for more info.

This was posted November 3, 2016 in the CZ Owners forum:

Exciting times for 2017. CZ will be introducing the Shadow 2 9mm pistol in early 2017. The pistol is scheduled for production for US market in January according to CZ . We have ordered several hundred units and expect a good reception by shooters. The Shadow 2 is a 9mm DA/SA pistol. Price will be $1300.00 We have discussed taking pre‐orders for the pistol and this is what we will do. To be put on our order list a $200 deposit will be needed. ONLY USPS money order, bank check, certified funds in this amount made out to CZ Custom.

Send to:

CZ Custom
    1008 S. Center St.
    Mesa AZ, 85210.

With this information:
    Name__________________________________
    Billing Address___________________________
    Phone__________________________________
    Email___________________________________
    FFL dealer for shipping_____________________
    (we will need a copy of the FFL license before shipping)

On arrival of your information AND deposit, you will be assigned a number and the deposit will be applied to the balance due. If you cancel, the $200 will be placed on account and you will be able to use as a store credit toward a future purchase.

Once pistols are ready to ship you will be contacted based on your order number to complete the transaction. Pistols will be shipped Fed Ex 2 day express. Please do not call/email for status. ( multiple calls may result in cancellation of the order.) We will contact you when your order is ready.

Thank you.

CZ Custom

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will get onto the roster quickly and there will be stock!

Give 2A Sales & Supplies a call Monday afternoon: 240-456-0060. They have a Shadow Target II in-stock right now. They may also be able to help you get a Shadow 2 if any are available from CZ Custom.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Same as the SP-01, I believe.

CZ_Shadow_2_d.jpg

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

0c5jIsC.gif

I don't know if I wouldn't just go for the Shadow Target II for a couple hundred more than the Shadow 2. It's available and has fully adjustable, upgraded sights. I'm not sure about the other differences (Omega trigger on Shadow 2?) beyond the grips but they're both essentially a tweaked-out SP-01.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I have an SP-01 now (not the target II) and I really like the gun but it has a few things that I would like to change about it. I really don't like the slide serrations on the SP-01. The front ones aren't far enough forward, they are too fine, and they are SHARP! If I were to run a competition all day with this gun, I wouldn't have much skin left on my left hand. The gun is super easy to shoot so the Shadow 2 seems to address my biggest complaints.

The Shadow 2 sight is adjustable for height. You have to drift it for windage.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I have an SP-01 now (not the target II) and I really like the gun but it has a few things that I would like to change about it. I really don't like the slide serrations on the SP-01. The front ones aren't far enough forward, they are too fine, and they are SHARP! If I were to run a competition all day with this gun, I wouldn't have much skin left on my left hand. The gun is super easy to shoot so the Shadow 2 seems to address my biggest complaints.

The Shadow 2 sight is adjustable for height. You have to drift it for windage.

FV66h2E.jpg

Yeah, fully adjustable rear on the Shadow Target II.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Well, one thing that got by me - the Shadow Target II is a decocker; the Shadow 2 has a manual safety like the 75B.

blops

Mar 9, 2017
    new here... but I read through most of the roster related posts. Does anybody have information on the shadow 2 being submitted for the MD Roster yet? Maybe a friendly MD FFL already took care of this since the last meeting in Feb?

i am a pre-orderer and they have a black polycoat available. but since MD it can only be shipped to my FFL for indefinite holding, so i may defer my spot as i'd need to wait anyway until the next roster meeting and subequent update

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I've always wanted a CZ. Not sure which one I'll end up getting, but this is in the running.

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    Don't forget about the Urban Grey Tactical model.. I just did a two day class with mine and it's a sweet gun.. Although the side at my fingers up. Definitely recommend wearing a glove on your support side hand while manipulating this series of pistols.

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    new here... but I read through most of the roster related posts. Does anybody have information on the shadow 2 being submitted for the MD Roster yet? Maybe a friendly MD FFL already took care of this since the last meeting in Feb?

i am a pre-orderer and they have a black polycoat available. but since MD it can only be shipped to my FFL for indefinite holding, so i may defer my spot as i'd need to wait anyway until the next roster meeting and subequent update

I submitted the paperwork back in November to get it on the roster. I too just got the call from CZ Custom that my Shadow 2 was ready to ship. I decided to get action work done and it's an 8 week queue (at least). Would you want to submit yours under the paperwork I submitted to get it on the list?

blops

Mar 9, 2017
    I decided to get action work done and it's an 8 week queue (at least)

now you've got me thinking about this :thumbsup:.... let me see what they can do. pretty nice to hear you submitted paperwork back in Nov, but doesn't sound like either us will have the actual sample for MSP testing any time soon

Kingman

May 15, 2013
    Shadow 2

I have a target 2 sitting here. It does not have a decocker on it.

I have access to a shadow 2. The gun is vastly different and improved. The grip is so much better than the sp01 it's not even the same league.

The balance and recoil management are very different.

It does NOT have the omega system. It has many of the same parts as the shadow SP01.

SOMDHoya

Jan 17, 2013
    Any update on getting the Shadow 2 approved? I'm getting ready to purchase one and want to see where the process is at.

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    Mine is supposedly shipping early next with the upgrades complete from CZ Custom. I've already submitted the paperwork (last Nov) to get it on the list. I'm going to talk to Maureen today. My hope is I can squeak in before the 4/7 deadline for the 4/20 meeting. If I do, then we can expect the S2 on the list right around the beginning of June.
    Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom