• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Sunday marked the 181st anniversary of the Battle of Gonzales, the first military engagement of the Texas Revolution, when Texian militiamen, responding to Mexican soldiers demanding the surrender of a small brass cannon, coined the now-famous battle cry, “Come and Take It!”

An NPR reporter decided to mark this anniversary with a story about how the phrase has been stolen by Second Amendment activists, “with no appreciation of its origins.” Some local residents of modern-day Gonzales, we’re told, “think it’s been cheapened—and they want it back.”

http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/03/come-and-take-it/

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    National Propaganda Radio knows very well what it is doing. It re-writes history every day and teaches it to its unwitting listeners in an entertaining, and/or authoritative documentary-style narrative that is easy to understand and absorb. It's at least one, if not two steps to the left of MSNBC and CNN, but on radio. The Politburo on steroids. I listen in the car when driving to gun shows in Pennsylvania. It puts me in a Molon Labe frame of mind.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    SOP for that rag. As you know, the liberals believe that if you tell a lie many times, they feel it becomes fact.

Insane, I know, but they really do believe this.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    SOP for that rag. As you know, the liberals believe that if you tell a lie many times, they feel it becomes fact.

Insane, I know, but they really do believe this.

It's not insane. It's true. And, it's been proven true both in studies and in the real world. Right here in the U.S., where supposedly there's free speech and a marketplace of ideas, as well as around the world.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Don't you love it when you are called ignorant by someone who truly IS ignorant.

It's a very well produced propaganda network, careful to promote and bolster its speakers' and interviewees' credentials to give them an air of authority and academic credibility, as the case requires.

NPR has mastered every propaganda trick from the Marxist, Maoist, Goebbels, and Alinsky playbooks and made an advanced science of them -- right down to its comedy shows and light-hearted mockery of anything Republican or lately Trump, to make it appear that it's all in good fun.

People who haven't listened ought to sit and listen to a couple of shows (other than Click and Clack, the Tappett Brothers re-runs) to see how a real propaganda operation runs. Your blood will boil.

It secures private funding now, and you'll be surprised how many large corporations and foundations send it money. Most of the foundations have been taken over by the Left, but I wonder whether the folks in the "C" suites of those corporations have ever listened to even 5 minutes of what NPR advocates. I think not.

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    If you ever want a glimpse into the prog internationalists' plan for the planet, give NPR a listen. It's straight from Soros' and his friends' mouths. Makes you realize that this thing is way bigger than countries and governments. The feudalists have a map, and we're just a speed bump.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    NPR has to be subsidized by the taxpayers and voluntary contributions because there is no way their programming would attract an audience large enough to to make a business case for advertisers. As Chris Plante says before a commercial break, "We pay our own bills here."

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    NPR has to be subsidized by the taxpayers and voluntary contributions because there is no way their programming would attract an audience large enough to to make a business case for advertisers. As Chris Plante says before a commercial break, "We pay our own bills here."

NPR says the same thing but they must add "... with the money of people who send it to us because they don't know any better."

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Sunday marked the 181st anniversary of the Battle of Gonzales, the first military engagement of the Texas Revolution, when Texian militiamen, responding to Mexican soldiers demanding the surrender of a small brass cannon, coined the now-famous battle cry, “Come and Take It!”

An NPR reporter decided to mark this anniversary with a story about how the phrase has been stolen by Second Amendment activists, “with no appreciation of its origins.” Some local residents of modern-day Gonzales, we’re told, “think it’s been cheapened—and they want it back.”

http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/03/come-and-take-it/

I guess it was translated from the original Spanish..;)

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    It reminds me of all the college graduates who think that Lincoln originated the saying, "A house divided against itself can not stand."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom