• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Finally after 4 months of waiting, I have it. And what a feeling to hold this piece of history.

6 digit 838xxx Springfield Armory
    SA GAW stock in good shape
    SA 9-42 barrel M2+/T4 (there is a little dirt and oil, so can't really tell for sure, but the breech does not look in the white)
    -6 SA cut op rod
    several other parts late mfg

I am very happy, however, I can't get too attached. It will be a college graduation gift for my son.

Congrats. I'd be extremely pleased if that arrived on my door step, no doubt!

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    Ding, Ding, Ding, My wife got a call from Fedex this morning around 10 AM with tracking numbers for 2 packages to be delivered tomorrow morning. At 7:11 PM tonight got an e-mail from CMP that my 2 Service Grades (serial #'s 4778xxx and 5715xxx) will be delivered tomorrow.
    So others can gauge the timeline on their Service Grade orders from CMP, I mailed my order in on 9/21/16, it posted to the e-store on 10/28/16 (my order number is 628895), and I got delivery notice today (2/1/17).

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Ding, Ding, Ding, My wife got a call from Fedex this morning around 10 AM with tracking numbers for 2 packages to be delivered tomorrow morning. At 7:11 PM tonight got an e-mail from CMP that my 2 Service Grades (serial #'s 4778xxx and 5715xxx) will be delivered tomorrow.
    So others can gauge the timeline on their Service Grade orders from CMP, I mailed my order in on 9/21/16, it posted to the e-store on 10/28/16 (my order number is 628895), and I got delivery notice today (2/1/17).

Details pics are a requirement! Congrats!

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    Details pics are a requirement! Congrats!

Sorry it took so long to get pics up; swamped this past weekend. Very pleased with these rifles especially with some of the descriptions of pitted receivers on Field Grades being sent out recently. Still have order for 2 more SG's that made it under the wire at the end of Sept. That order number is over 2300 orders behind the one I just had filled. Hope they don't run out, but if they do I'm happy the ones I just got and those I've collected over the years.

Attachments

• DSC00898.JPG
      DSC00898.JPG
      83.4 KB · Views: 225
    • DSC00899.JPG
      DSC00899.JPG
      105.8 KB · Views: 232
    • DSC00902.JPG
      DSC00902.JPG
      61.5 KB · Views: 230
    • DSC00905.jpg
      DSC00905.jpg
      55 KB · Views: 230
    • DSC00908.jpg
      DSC00908.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 232
    • DSC00910.jpg
      DSC00910.jpg
      45.8 KB · Views: 224

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Sorry it took so long to get pics up; swamped this past weekend. Very pleased with these rifles especially with some of the descriptions of pitted receivers on Field Grades being sent out recently. Still have order for 2 more SG's that made it under the wire at the end of Sept. That order number is over 2300 orders behind the one I just had filled. Hope they don't run out, but if they do I'm happy the ones I just got and those I've collected over the years.

Wow two very nice rifles, I wish I would have jumped on the opportunity when they had them. If we are lucky enough for them to get more ill ordering right away

Congrats on yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    Just saw on CMP website that they now have a "limited" supply of 6 million range S.A. service grades for $1200 shipped. Do you suppose that is going to be the new benchmark price for a service grade up from $730 when they stopped taking orders last September?

Orlando

Just saw on CMP website that they now have a "limited" supply of 6 million range S.A. service grades for $1200 shipped. Do you suppose that is going to be the new benchmark price for a service grade up from $730 when they stopped taking orders last September?

No not at all. 6 Mil Garands are collector rifles and are priced accordingly

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom