• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sucks tonight. Particularly between exits 31 and 26. Take 355 South instead.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I did the commute-thing to/from Rockville and Bethesda for awhile. Can't say that I miss it much. That stretch of highway you mention is the absolute bottleneck from Hell. Those who have to make that drive every day have my deepest condolences.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    They are working on the roadway.
    Yeah, I wish they put up signs the night before (I drove the same stretch of road at the same time on Sunday night), or one of those flashing warning signs before exit 31 so we knew that we could take 355 instead. Good 20 minute delay at a time of day one doesn't expect it.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Waze is your friend. It will send you the shortest route. I drive from Middletown to Bethesda every day and Waze is invaluable to me. Tells you where the cops are too.

Waze is your friend. It will send you the shortest route. I drive from Middletown to Bethesda every day and Waze is invaluable to me. Tells you where the cops are too.

That app is decent but sometimes it makes me want to smash my phone. Of course my gf thinks it's the best thing ever because it was developed by an Israeli company and she is a member of the tribe

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Well 270 North into Frederick has a massive delay today which is unexpected at this time. Add something like 40 minutes from Urbana. Avoid it if you can.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It took 20 years for Frederick to get a 3rd lane for I-70, all the way through town. It'll take 50 years, to get that entire stretch done. By the time that happens, we'll have Jetsons cars to putter around in.

Or, by the time they add a lane, they'll need two more. Ain't that always the way? :sad20:

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    FYI, the SHA is conducting a survey about traffic on 270/15 through Frederick right now. Specifically from the I-70 interchange up to Rt.26. They're seeing what residents and non-residents want. (more lanes DUH!) as well as conducting impact studies. I'll see if I can scrounge the link to the survey.

Doesn't help the stretch between 121 and 85, but could help move some of the stuff that backs up that way on down the line if they add a few more lanes between 70 and 26.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom