• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Free to you, I should have said. It's between the seller/transferee and ATF being as it is an interstate transfer, as I understand it. I'm only going by personal experiences.

Ok so this article explains why it's $400 to transfer out of state. I'm doing my best to understand it, but it doesn't seem that I got ripped off.

It's described in the last three paragraphs.

http://machinegunpriceguide.com/html/the_transfer.html

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Yeah, machineguns are beyond my knowledge. One more reason I can't afford them.:o

Ok. I've got it figured out. Since the sub gun is on a F4 (private owner) in Florida, it must be transferred to my local SOT on a F4 ($200). Once that F4 is approved, it's shipped to my dealer who then transfers it to me on a F4 ($200). Which means I have a long friggen wait. I think I'm going to look into submitting my F4 for it even though the first transfer hasn't been approved yet.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Ok. I've got it figured out. Since the sub gun is on a F4 (private owner) in Florida, it must be transferred to my local SOT on a F4 ($200). Once that F4 is approved, it's shipped to my dealer who then transfers it to me on a F4 ($200). Which means I have a long friggen wait. I think I'm going to look into submitting my F4 for it even though the first transfer hasn't been approved yet.

Does that mean you're stuck paying both F4s?

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Does that mean you're stuck paying both F4s?

So what went on is the sale was for an M11/9 with a suppressor. So it's actually 800 in stamps. Four hundred per transfer for two NFA items. The deal was for 7500 so what I did was I wrote two $200 checks so I would be able to see when they were cashed and that $400 came off of the purchase price. So in reality the seller only gets 7,100 for the sale and I pay my transfer fees separately when the items get to my dealer and we send out my F4's.

That was a really long winded, no just the transfer for my F4's when they get here.

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    Ok. I've got it figured out. Since the sub gun is on a F4 (private owner) in Florida, it must be transferred to his local SOT on a F4 ($200). Once that F4 is approved,(The sellers SOT does a tax free F3 to your SOT then it's shipped to my dealer who then transfers it to me on a F4 ($200). Which means I have a long friggen wait. I think I'm going to look into submitting my F4 for it even though the first transfer hasn't been approved yet.

fixed it for ya

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Sweet. Thanks! Anyone know if there is a legality issue with me submitting my F4's before the other is approved?

I would give the Silencer Shop a call and ask them. I believe they do that(or something similar) for their customers.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    For a Form 3?

From where? I think that's more than a bit of overstatement.

Big dogs just had 1 take 5 1/2 months . Maybe there was a glitch, but before that they were in the 3 month category before everything went nuts over p41/f41

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I would give the Silencer Shop a call and ask them. I believe they do that(or something similar) for their customers.

Silencer shop submit's their form 4s 1 month after the form 3s are sent out. A lot of dealers refuse to do it ( they have 10 reasons it seems, ultimately they think there doing something wrong since they don't have the weapon in there possession )

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Silencer shop submit's their form 4s 1 month after the form 3s are sent out. A lot of dealers refuse to do it ( they have 10 reasons it seems, ultimately they think there doing something wrong since they don't have the weapon in there possession )

Not saying it's right or wrong. Just saying they do it and ATF knows they do it. They aren't hiding the fact.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Not saying it's right or wrong. Just saying they do it and ATF knows they do it. They aren't hiding the fact.

My concern is with the serial number. Without having the NFA item in your hands, how do you make sure the serial number is correct?

That would be my only concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom