UofD allows police agencies to use soon to be razed dorms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    If you don't want people from Delaware to post here, than I suggest you remove the ability for us to post here.

State of residence has nothing to do with any of this.

State of mind does. What state are you in now?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I happen to like his post. Very informative. How many of you know police agencies use old, abandoned buildings, etc... for training, usually SIMS? 99.9% of you don't. For example, My agency has used an old elementary school in Frederick more than many times for training and other places around the state.
    I guess people would rather their tax money to be used to build brand new facilities for training?

Using different places keeps us from using the same old lay out and same old scenarios. They are a great, no cost resource.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I happen to like his post. Very informative. How many of you know police agencies use old, abandoned buildings, etc... for training, usually SIMS? 99.9% of you don't. For example, My agency has used an old elementary school in Frederick more than many times for training and other places around the state.
    I guess people would rather their tax money to be used to build brand new facilities for training?

Using different places keeps us from using the same old lay out and same old scenarios. They are a great, no cost resource.

I found it interesting as well and the reason for the post. I had no idea unused buildings were available for training.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    I think it is pretty cool especially with all the issues going on. Training in dorm buildings is important. Heck I would pay to take a class in there.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Makes sense to me.
    More training in a realistic environment is always good.
    Also glad to see the abandoned buildings used for something. Waste is stupid.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I had no idea you could do this. Now I really wanna be tacticool, lol. This just might be the only reason I would want to travel to Pittsburgh.

I find Pittsburgh to be way cooler than Baltihole, but that's just me. Not that I saw much of it that particular weekend.

Nothing tacticool about AMIS. It's just hard work and learning from your mistakes.

I find Pittsburgh to be way cooler than Baltihole, but that's just me. Not that I saw much of it that particular weekend.

Nothing tacticool about AMIS. It's just hard work and learning from your mistakes.
    I was joking about the tacticool. I don't really like either place, lol. But I'll go to Baltimore before I go to DC. I'll have to read up on AMIS

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom