• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    Folks, did a search but it returned about every thread on the board.

Just bought my 1st glock, a 4th gen G21 chambered in .45.

I bought that specific model because I was told with barrel/ spring swap I could shoot 357 sig, 10mm and. 460 rowland.

Can someone tell me or post a link to the 357 barrel i would need, please.

I am hoping one of the glock-xperts can help this glock-tard to understand the lone/ alpha wolf cypher

Thanks in advance.

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    I think the usual progression is from 40. I have a 21 and the 20 slide I also have works flawlessly. I haven't seen a 357 sig option for the large frame glocks, though I admit I haven't looked.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    I think the usual progression is from 40. I have a 21 and the 20 slide I also have works flawlessly. I haven't seen a 357 sig option for the large frame glocks, though I admit I haven't looked.

Wow, I hope that's not the only option! I have a vp40 tactical to shoot 40 and multiple kimber's for 45, I would never use a glock to shoot either.

If that's the case, maybe I'll just make it a permanent rowland.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    Maybe 400 Cor-Bon. 10 mm Glock may convert to 460 ??

From what I have read, I can use g20 barrels in the g21 that would get me to 357 and 10mm.

I have read about the 460 kits for the g21, 4th gen kit is Judy Moore expensive than the gen 3 kits.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I have a .460 Roland Lonewolf barrel for my G21 Gen 2 using the G21 slide.

For the 10m I use a G20 slide (wasn't required, just did for ID purposes) & barrel, of course plus magazines.

The Glock 21 can also be converted to
    .50 GI
    .400 Corbon
    10mm
    40 Super
    45 Super
    460 Rowland which is definitively the most powerful big-bore semi-automatic cartridge that can be used for regular-sized, compact and subcompact semi-auto production handguns (we are aware of the existence of other rather obscure handgun calibers like those the Wildey Magnums and the Desert Eagle use — those handguns don’t count)

https://gunnewsdaily.com/glock-20-vs-glock-21/

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    my thought (and experience) is it's too easy to mix up ammo with all the changes (and/or bring the wrong barrel/slide/ammo mix to the range which would suck), and the results could be pretty disastrous, and of course the different magazine and barrels aren't free either. so at the cost of <$600 each (and three mags included each gun), i just bought some extra glocks when i wanted a different caliber or sized glock.

you prob already know the 20/21 are larger frames (and i think slides) than their 9/40/357sig models so not sure how that affects interchangeability.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Big jump between a .425(40/10mm) and .480(45/460rowland) rim, lots of slop aggainst the breech face, ejector and extractor going between those 2, there is a much smaller .033" difference between 10/40 and 9mm rims, and they often have issues without a slide and ejector swap. There is a chance either swap with a barrel/mag only could work, but it's far from certain. 460 can be epic, I built one on a 1911 platform, have to make sure your spring rates are right, and you are using a sufficient comp. Even when set up properly, full power ammo is brutal, although loaded to 45super velocities, it's still really powerful, but a lot more manageable on you, and the pistol.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    Thanks for the replies, gents. Just getting back from travel.

Guess I'll go with Rowland on that one and pick up a G20 too.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    Big jump between a .425(40/10mm) and .480(45/460rowland) rim, lots of slop aggainst the breech face, ejector and extractor going between those 2, there is a much smaller .033" difference between 10/40 and 9mm rims, and they often have issues without a slide and ejector swap. There is a chance either swap with a barrel/mag only could work, but it's far from certain. 460 can be epic, I built one on a 1911 platform, have to make sure your spring rates are right, and you are using a sufficient comp. Even when set up properly, full power ammo is brutal, although loaded to 45super velocities, it's still really powerful, but a lot more manageable on you, and the pistol.

Understood and thanks. Being a noob, I was thinking they were leaving a little more meat on the barrel top compensate for the gap. Guess that's not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom