• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BmoreBirds88

Mar 30, 2019
    Good morning ladies @ gents,

Found myself in a pickle & although I like pickles I’m not fond of being inside of them.

That came out wrong, let me start over......

I’m trying to buy a slip-on threaded barrel adapter for my little ole’ Ruger 10/22 & reside in the freedom hating state of Maryland.

I found a few & was going to buy this one @ CheaperThanDirt (https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pro...ru006-a-811261026292.do?ecList=10&ecCategory=) BUT at checkout it says they cannot ship because it’s “regulated” (what the hell isn’t regulated anymore.. anyway, I digress).

Found some other ones on EBay & NTC but didn’t try to purchase after seeing the “Maryland won’t let you have it” message from CheaperThanDirt..

I’ve done some research & couldn’t find anything in MD law/Comar specifically referencing this accessory. Anyone know if these are actually regulated & how MD law outlines purchasing/owning these? Wondering if the law applies similar to Mags (where you can only get 10rd ones in MD but can get the 17rd in Delaware (or any other state that allows), bring them back & be able to own legally)?

Any insight would be appreciated. Also, if anyone knows or recommends a specific adapter or has info on where to purchase that’d be sweeeet too!

Thanks in advance!
    - Benny P / Joppa, Md

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I still hate cheaper than dirt since the 2013 ammo price gouging. This adds fuel to the fire. The adapter is not regulated in MD and CTD sucks. What is your goal with the adapter? In my experience muzzle devices on 22s are not beneficial. If you are trying to run a can on it I would be extremely careful about the alignment with the adapter. If you do want to run a can get the barrel professionally threaded or buy a replacement barrel that is threaded.

BmoreBirds88

Mar 30, 2019
    Hey thanks for the quick replies.

I was considering a threaded barrel but with that being a bit more expensive than the slip-it & rip-it option I wanted to test the waters before diving in head first. I agree the slip-on isn’t the “best” option for reasons you mentioned & longevity. Honestly, just wanted to grab one since they’re cheap & give it a whirl.

I’ve never purchased anything from CTD.com but they had the adaptor @ an attractive price point so I was gonna give them a chance. I’ve heard mixed feedback about CTD so thanks for sharing your experience. I’ll stick w/ other options when I pull the trigger (pun intended) on larger purchases.

Since the threaded barrel seems the be the best option does anyone have any suggestions/personal favs for the Rgr 10/22?

Lastly, & I’m gonna go off topic for a sec: I just want to say how much I LOVE this place. I’ve been hawking the forums for a long time, reading thread after thread, soaking up the wealth of knowledge/information. Finally created an account so I could dive in & join the community since it’s one of the only places I’ve found for ppl like me who live in Eastern California (ie MD). With that being said I just wanted to thank y’all for always being willing to share info/opinions/suggestions & just being helpful/welcoming overall. Sorry to get all “emotional”, lol, but as a freedom loving American living in Maryland I’ve come to cherish platforms like this.

So yea, now that I got that out (HAHAHA!) how about those threaded barrels? :-)

Also, anyone know if any local brick & mortar firearm shops have either the adapter or barrel on the shelf?

As always, much appreciated!

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I like Whistle Pig Acculite barrels. Volquartzen, KIDD, and Tactical Solutions have really good barrels too. I prefer the aluminum shrouded barrels to reduce weight. I had a Green Mountain bull barrel that was accurate but it added about 2lbs to the rifle which is a lot for a 10/22. Bass pro might have a slip on thing but I can't be sure. I also haven't seen any 10/22 barrels for sale in any stores either. Online is your best bet. Good luck.

What is the reason for the threaded adapter/barrel?

BmoreBirds88

Mar 30, 2019
    Getting the adapter so I can have the ability to use different accessories & eventually get a can. The more I read & look in to it looks like getting threaded barrel is best if I’m going to attach a can but still would like to pick one of these adapters up.

rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    If you're not concerned with keeping the front sight, just have your current barrel threaded. It won't change overall barrel length so you stay within the law. Any competent gunsmith or machinist can do it. Most businesses that sell suppressors will do it. If you want to keep the front sight and have it moved back some, they can do that also. I use an optic on my threaded 10/22 (original barrel) so the front sight wasn't important to me.

I bought one years ago from EBAY when I was considering building my own silencer from a flashlight tube. After doing some reading I decided to go a different route and I bought the factory integrally silenced barrel instead. Although I didn't test it it did fit, the set screws did hold it in place and I think I only paid a few bucks for it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom