• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    It's another joke. Hopefully the Scotus will permit legislators to gerrymander instead of judges. At least the GOP will maintain their national gerrymander edge. Rather lose a few seats in Maryland than lose nationally.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    district 7 was just as goofy prior to this new proposed map.

The federal court order was to fix District 6 with as little impact on all remaining districts as possible. Trust me, I don't want dear old Elijah as my congress-critter, either. There is absolutely no way that Baltimore City and Western Howard County have the same constituency issues.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Why does district 5 have the vast majority of PG county in it? Talk about silencing your vote... The southern part of Chuck county has no voice again.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This would affect Trone's viability in 2020 as he's the current District 6 Representative. I believe he lives in Potomac.

What is the effect, if any, at the state legislative level? Or is this just a remedy at the national level (I'm guessing from a suit by Roscoe Bartlett, etc)?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No effect on the State Legislative districts, just Congressional District 6, with as little affect to surrounding districts to correct it.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Why does district 5 have the vast majority of PG county in it? Talk about silencing your vote... The southern part of Chuck county has no voice again.
    Allow anyone in Southern Maryland to actually have a voice? How quaint!

(/dripping sarc)

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    Heard yesterday 2 of the appointees had to resign because they were not allowed to be on it per the rules Hogan had. Don't know that it will make any difference to the new proposal in the end though.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Unless you live in MD3, you have know idea what Gerrymandering is........The damn Elections people can't even keep straight the little strip of MD3 I live in Severn straight. I get stuff addressed to MD4 Resident all the time.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom