• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Bought a RIA 1911/2011 Tac 1911 for my birthday last month. After looking at the roster talking to the lady at the roster it appeared to be good to go also vendor on here sold the double stack version figured I was in the clear...

So here it is coming up on month later still can't take possession, as it's not verbatim listed on the roster.
    Tac is on there, 1911a1 FS (full size) is on there caliber of 22/9mm is on there. Recently Rock put this gun under TCM line on the website to add more confusion but box says Tac Ultra
    For great 1911 I'm surprised that no one in the entire state owns this model being out since 2011

Calling the lady who handles the roster tomorrow then I guess last resort is filling out petition..

So at this point maybe I'll see it by Christmas?

Wanted this gun since spring of last year, hate this state :(

Link to actual gun http://armscor.com/firearms/tcm-series/tcm-tac-ultra-fs-combo-22tcm-9mm/

Attachments

• OcZCKCj.jpg
      OcZCKCj.jpg
      72.7 KB · Views: 724
    Jul 1, 2012
    Hah, I was just looking at these last night....
    I swear they changed the roster list for RIA when they recently moved/redesigned the web-site...
    There were more entries, and 9mm was definitely listed for tactical models <or maybe my remembry unit is flawed?>

Also note caliber is just "38" now, not 38 Super like it was before (vice 38 special etc).
    I think the site actually took a step or two backwards, as hard as that is to believe.

Also notice it says 1911-A1 FSP now, but 1911-A1 FS isn't listed anymore.
    There is no "FSP" (or "CSP") as far as I can tell.... certainly not on the armscor site.

Last edited:

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Hah, I was just looking at these last night....
    I swear they changed the roster list for RIA when they recently moved/redesigned the web-site...
    There were more entries, and 9mm was definitely listed for tactical models <or maybe my remembry unit is flawed?>

Also note caliber is just "38" now, not 38 Super like it was before (vice 38 special etc).
    I think the site actually took a step or two backwards, as hard as that is to believe.

Also notice it says 1911-A1 FSP now, but 1911-A1 FS isn't listed anymore.
    There is no "FSP" (or "CSP") as far as I can tell.... certainly not on the armscor site.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed the complete disaster that took place after moving site around. Before I'm 99% sure it was FS and 9mm as no one even knows what the hell FSP even is?
    MSP just making up abbreviations now, before there were also model sku's like they do with the Rugers which obviously would make this all much easier to decipher

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    If it was on the roster before the move, and you had a copy of the roster, I would provide that to the board and ask them why they changed it. If it wasn't and I were in this situation I would be talking with the dealer. I would provide them with 2 options, refund my money or they get it added the handgun board to add it to the roster. Add a time limit to how long they have to get it added.

Could the dealer have violated law by offering for sale a handgun that is banned? That might be the bargaining chip needed to get things moving in a direction that you want.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If it was on the roster before the move, and you had a copy of the roster, I would provide that to the board and ask them why they changed it. If it wasn't and I were in this situation I would be talking with the dealer. I would provide them with 2 options, refund my money or they get it added the handgun board to add it to the roster. Add a time limit to how long they have to get it added.

Could the dealer have violated law by offering for sale a handgun that is banned? That might be the bargaining chip needed to get things moving in a direction that you want.

It was probably offered for sale in good faith. The dealer can fill out the paperwork for the handgun roster and submit it for this gun extremely quickly. After that, the dealer has no control over how long it takes.

If people think it was there, it probably was there. One would have to dig through the minutes or COMAR to see when it was approved. COMAR/Maryland Register is the official record for the roster not the website.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    It was probably offered for sale in good faith. The dealer can fill out the paperwork for the handgun roster and submit it for this gun extremely quickly. After that, the dealer has no control over how long it takes.

If people think it was there, it probably was there. One would have to dig through the minutes or COMAR to see when it was approved. COMAR/Maryland Register is the official record for the roster not the website.

I was just throwing out idea's to help him out.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Submit the petition if need be. No big deal. Will take a few months. Zero chance of it being rejected. Worth the wait.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Did you call? What did they say?

Today was crazy busy, tomorrow I will be calling her in the morning.

Also emailing Martin the CEO of Armscor to see if they would be willing to submit petitions for their line-up of 1911's and other handguns not currently on roster as I'm sure a lot more Marylanders would pick up some of these solid offerings... since most do not want to deal with filling out a form, crossing fingers it doesn't require an actual gun submission, basically begging for permission to spend $600+ on a gun that's kinda sorta already on there bs

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Brought this to Martins attention, as Glock, Sig and other manufactuers actually submit their own guns for to the roster.
    Currently Glock has their Gen5 already submitted for the October review

Pn07uMN.jpg

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Called and spoke to the friendly lady who answers the phone in regards to the roster.
    Looks like at this point I will just have to send in the petition. Which the initial date posted is not at all concrete as not all required parties can currently make that October 19th date.
    So if this point it might be Christmas by the time I have this gun in my possession

I did have her add a couple guns that I'm interested in that are on roster just not the color/sku is not listed which they can do in house without the board review.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Called and spoke to the friendly lady who answers the phone in regards to the roster.
    Looks like at this point I will just have to send in the petition. Which the initial date posted is not at all concrete as not all required parties can currently make that October 19th date.
    So if this point it might be Christmas by the time I have this gun in my possession

I did have her add a couple guns that I'm interested in that are on roster just not the color/sku is not listed which they can do in house without the board review.

Not really following... are you saying the some members of the roster cannot make Oct 19th and the meeting may get postponed?

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I ran into a similar problem a couple weeks ago when buying my Walther Creed. It took the guy and the LGS a little while to find it since they had it on the roster under 'Walther Arms'. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom