• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhoerner

Jan 6, 2017
    re:registering a boat

Contact your state DNR and they should be able to tell you nwhat you need.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Has anybody here gone through the hassle of applying for an abandoned vessel title?

I acquired a small boat w/ motor for free that was last registered in md around 1990. I'm debating on if it's worth registering or just sell the boat on CL, keep the motor and buy a new jon boat.

madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County
    I rescued a 12 foot aluminum boat heading into the dump one day about 15 years ago. I had nothing but the boat. I put it in the back of my pick up and went to Belair DNR office. The kind lady there had me going in fifteen minutes with stickers.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Mailed a week ago, check still not cashed. I should have made the drive. :sad20:

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Has anybody here gone through the hassle of applying for an abandoned vessel title?

I acquired a small boat w/ motor for free that was last registered in md around 1990. I'm debating on if it's worth registering or just sell the boat on CL, keep the motor and buy a new jon boat.

I have. Not that big of a deal. Advertise in a couple of newspapers in the appropriate location, wait, and fill out some foms. Do you want the boat? If so, it is worth it.

I bought a boat for my kid once from bass pro. I found out after the fact that if u buy any boat from them, you get 10% off most stuff for two years. Cut the price of my jon boat down to next to nothing.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Bought a new tandem kayak. As it currently doesn't have a motor, there is no need to register/title it. Is there any benefit to doing so anyway ? The form allows for manual propulsion. As I understand it, while there is no registration fee, I would still owe the 5% excuse tax and $2 for the title.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Bought a new tandem kayak. As it currently doesn't have a motor, there is no need to register/title it. Is there any benefit to doing so anyway ? The form allows for manual propulsion. As I understand it, while there is no registration fee, I would still owe the 5% excuse tax and $2 for the title.

Easier to identify and reclaim if stolen. I think registration itself is a theft deterent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sstrum

Latest threads

Top Bottom