Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Gun Shows

Notices

Old September 19th, 2017, 08:32 AM #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerbrian View Post
Did anyone go to the WW II weekend at Eisenhower Farm? I forgot it was this weekend and missed it
Yes Sir!
There was a lot of participation. I've never seen so many real Jeeps in one place. Many vehicles, including several Canadian Gun Carriers and several motorcycles. There was a Matchless, Indian, and Harley all parked together. A couple of other Harleys and Indians.
Everyone was quite talkative and willing to show everything.
There was a display of firearms with just about every pistol and rifle from both sides. I liked the early G-43, of course.

Had a good laugh as some Cub Scouts were getting to play on a 1/4 ton truck with a Browning on it, a "no fun" dad was telling his son to get off and not lean on things because he'd bend them. LOL. I think if Privates couldn't break it in the 1940s, a 9 YO boy ain't gonna hurt it.
K-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2017, 07:40 PM #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-43 View Post
Had a good laugh as some Cub Scouts were getting to play on a 1/4 ton truck with a Browning on it, a "no fun" dad was telling his son to get off and not lean on things because he'd bend them. LOL. I think if Privates couldn't break it in the 1940s, a 9 YO boy ain't gonna hurt it.
Reminded me of a Scout Jamboree I went to as a kid. It was a military themed event and the Army had a helicopter fly in for us to climb around. Well it only lasted a few minutes due to someone causing a fuel leak.

The pilot had a couple choice words about how many missions it flew in Vietnam with no problems but couldn't last 5 minutes with the Boy Scouts.
Grampa G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:09 AM #83
Certified Mad Scientist

Certified Mad Scientist

Just out of curiosity... has anyone seen "Tex the Sicilian", the knife maker, at any of these shows recently. I haven't seen him in about two years... hope he is OK. Good guy and really talented.
Doctor_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM #84
JMB fan club

JMB fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-43 View Post
Yes Sir!
There was a lot of participation. I've never seen so many real Jeeps in one place. Many vehicles, including several Canadian Gun Carriers and several motorcycles. There was a Matchless, Indian, and Harley all parked together. A couple of other Harleys and Indians.
Everyone was quite talkative and willing to show everything.
There was a display of firearms with just about every pistol and rifle from both sides. I liked the early G-43, of course.

Sounds like a great show, it totally slipped by my mind this year. We lucked out the last time we were there though. It was pretty slow due to bad weather and i had my two young sons with me. One of the guys with a jeep offered us joy ride around the area and we jumped on the oppurtunity

engineerbrian is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Gun Shows