• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Picked mine up yesterday. Already have a bunch of stuff to change/add.

I got the aluminum striker sleeve, the match spring set, two +2 magazine bases (to be swapped out on my trip to PA when I pick up my 13-round magazine) and waiting for the Lazy Wolf trigger to be released.

Also going to get the slide milled for a Leupold Deltapoint Pro and a suppressor height night sight then having the slide, backstrap and grip side panels cerakoted.

I expect it to not only be bad ass, but also look the part.

Congratulations on your new acquisition. Please post pictures after you have completed all the modifications so that the rest of us can drool over them! :)

But seriously, I'd like to see what the finished job looks like since I may go down the same route you have.

Cal68

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    In not sure which to get, the ugly FDE or the ugly green.

spnlfse.jpg

I didn't know how much I'd like it but the ugly FDE is starting to grow on me. It's just different.

12Bs6ky.jpg

Sku # 81000184 comes from the HK factory with the brown slide. My only concern was the quality of the cerakoting but it looks like HK was responsible (although a 3rd party may have been involved) and it was done right.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Congratulations on your new acquisition. Please post pictures after you have completed all the modifications so that the rest of us can drool over them! :)

But seriously, I'd like to see what the finished job looks like since I may go down the same route you have.

Cal68

Hope to have it done in 2-3 months or so as money becomes available; depending on wait list for the machinist (some places are a 4+ month wait).

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I just picked my VP9SK up this past Saturday from Greg at A1 Uniforms and I absolutely love it. Its the first 9mm I have owned and I can say without a doubt it was a purchase that's worth it. It feels so great in my hand better than my normal go to pistol XD45.

Congrats! 9mm is a fun caliber. Ammo is still relatively inexpensive, easy to find and comes in a large selection of bullet weights/styles. It's very pleasant to shoot and easy to shoot well in a pistol like the VP9SK. I still like to shoot the big stuff, too, but when I plan to have a long range session, 9mm is usually what I grab.

Picked mine up yesterday. Already have a bunch of stuff to change/add.

I got the aluminum striker sleeve, the match spring set, two +2 magazine bases (to be swapped out on my trip to PA when I pick up my 13-round magazine) and waiting for the Lazy Wolf trigger to be released.

Also going to get the slide milled for a Leupold Deltapoint Pro and a suppressor height night sight then having the slide, backstrap and grip side panels cerakoted.

I expect it to not only be bad ass, but also look the part.

Congrats! I'm not planning to make any modifications to mine, right away, since it'll mostly be for HD and range fun (only) while I still live in MD. Whenever I relocate to free America, it'll be a carry pistol. It's nice to have options, though! The VP9SK sure seems inherently accurate enough for casual competition and your proposed upgrades would be ideal for that. Be sure to post-up some pics when it's all done!

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Gymratz has one for sale.

It's not that I doubt you at all. It's just that I've never heard tell of a DAO striker-fired pistol before now. It's an interesting concept since I always thought striker-fired pistols were intended to replace DAO pistols for something with a smoother, more consistent trigger pull for new LEO's. Technically, I know they're not actually DAO but, I'd like to learn more about them since I'm newer to the striker genre compared to most here. I thought a DAO pistol had to be hammer-fired, like the VP9SK's cousin, the P30SK? I won't discount the possibility since LE-types, like you, have access to things we mere civilians do not have the first clue about.

I just can't believe you haven't ordered the green/FDE VP9SK from Brownell's yet? :lol2:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Also looking at getting a threaded barrel and this comp. Maybe.

s977620473547721020_p390_i1_w160.jpeg

Looks badass, that's for sure. Considering that VP9 mags work in the SK, it definitely would be a viable competition gun. I'd love to see the look on the faces of your fellow shooters when you whip that thing out. :D

YMHanfR.jpg
    ahInZe5.jpg

Ever since Amazon started taking Hilton Honors points, decisions about which holster and which new set of grips have been a lot less agonizing for me. I went with a Dara IWB holster for mine. A friend has his a couple of his Walthers in them and they look very well constructed and comfortable.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Oh it'll be comfy. But there's a difference between that and a good conceal. Typically a good(great) conceal isn't comfy.

And an adjustable can't would assist with both comfort and concealment. Got it. Hey, makes perfect sense to me. It's going to be awhile before I carry concealed on a regular basis but, those are the kinds of things that'll factor into any future purchases.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    And an adjustable can't would assist with both comfort and concealment. Got it. Hey, makes perfect sense to me. It's going to be awhile before I carry concealed on a regular basis but, those are the kinds of things that'll factor into any future purchases.
    The forward cant hides the lower backside corner of the handgrip into your upper core. Some have more core than others. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom