• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I want one in 10mm, though I'd prefer an 8-10 inch barrel. Pretty sure the ones I have seen are 5-6 inches. Seems like it'd be a fun gun in 10mm. Appears to be relatively southpaw friendly too.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I want one in 10mm, though I'd prefer an 8-10 inch barrel. Pretty sure the ones I have seen are 5-6 inches. Seems like it'd be a fun gun in 10mm. Appears to be relatively southpaw friendly too.

The SDP enhanced version gen 2

Can be ordered in 10mm with a 6.5” barrel and rail system.

Attachments

• 7C6005F6-0230-4A0E-8642-699BFD7AE575.jpeg
      7C6005F6-0230-4A0E-8642-699BFD7AE575.jpeg
      12.6 KB · Views: 973

Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    The SDP 9 with an sb tactical SBA3 brace with a milspec buffer tube , brace fully extended .

Has an overall length of over 26”.

That takes it out of the “ pistol” category and makes it into a “ firearm”. At this point, a vertical foregrip can be installed without breaking NFA laws.

:party29: that's how I have mine setup.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I want one in 10mm, though I'd prefer an 8-10 inch barrel.
    FWIW, You can cut down a rifle to any length barrel you want. Need to find someone who can thread it while still attached to the receiver though. I had to make a special mandrel for the lathe. I think Kriss used to offer to do it for a fee.

The gen1 pistol can be made to hit 29" w/ minor mods to the orig adjustable stock. I think they still offer that style stock. Haven't looked what it takes to get a gen2 that long.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    FWIW, You can cut down a rifle to any length barrel you want. Need to find someone who can thread it while still attached to the receiver though. I had to make a special mandrel for the lathe. I think Kriss used to offer to do it for a fee.

The gen1 pistol can be made to hit 29" w/ minor mods to the orig adjustable stock. I think they still offer that style stock. Haven't looked what it takes to get a gen2 that long.
    Thanks for the info! I'm not too worried about making 29" for a Form 1 since I am moving out of Maryland this year, but 10mm seems like it benefits from a longer barrel. That said, I'll obviously be suppressing it for ultimate LARPer status, so I need to keep OAL reasonable.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    For better ergonomics. The mk5 modular rail makes a huge difference. It provides the extra gripping surface for the support hand .

The issue that I had with the vector is that the weapon was designed to have a vertical foregrip in its in- neutered form. Taking that out in the pistol variant results in the support hand inadvertently actuating controls. ( actuated the bolt hold or drops a mag). The mk5 rail allows the hand to more just a tad forward to prevent those mishaps from occurring .

The mk5 rail is flushed with 5.5” barrels. I used a compensator to extend the muzzle past the rail. I’m going to replace that with a 3 lug adapter soon. The added length ( permanently pinned and welded) and a longer buffer tube for a stock/ brace can make the oal exceed 26”( for a firearm) or 29” for Maryland compliant SBRs

Attachments

• 0DB79DFA-53DD-47F4-8F0F-17F480B7DB24.jpg
      0DB79DFA-53DD-47F4-8F0F-17F480B7DB24.jpg
      44.4 KB · Views: 880

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads