• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    https://www.guns.com/news/2019/12/1...gx3nHA_wyJW7DFx8Uij4adMyIRe7x2PytmSDnWvvjeQKI

Pennsylvania officials made a startling announcement Monday to up gun control restrictions by changing just what a “gun” is under state law.

State Gov. Tom Wolf and Attorney General Josh Shapiro, both Democrats, unveiled a legal opinion by the latter this week that classifies incomplete gun frames and parts such as “80 percent receivers” as firearms.

“My Office is taking the initial step of clarifying – through my official, legal opinion – that under Pennsylvania law, 80 percent receivers are firearms and can be treated, regulated, and enforced as such,” Shapiro said at a news conference with Wolf and State Police officials.

EDIT: INCOMPLETE should have been added to the title.

Wont' this be interesting because a firearm lower would require a 4473 in PA correct? Well, an 80% lower is NOT a firearm under Federal law which the 4473 follows. In other words, are they saying you CANT buy an 80% or they will create a new process for 80% in PA only. (like MD has the 77r). They bit off more than they can chew. A state I don't think can not make federal definitions.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    They’d have to do a new process. Aren’t background checks done now through PA state police? I assume PA would need to create a new form and process for incomplete firearms.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    79% lowers now on sale.

Just like a state said you can't sell 190 proof alcohol they started selling 189 proof.

Nobody

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    79% lowers now on sale.

Just like a state said you can't sell 190 proof alcohol they started selling 189 proof.

Nobody

Good point, how incomplete is incomplete?
    Is a hunk of aluminum 5% complete or 0% complete?
    Is it partially finished, or partially started?

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    What will these azzholes think of next???

Let's see, can of hairspray, pvc pipe, sack of potatoes within close proximity = GUN!!!! Large sack of potatoes exceeds the magazine limit!!!

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Well, there's the guy who made an AK receiver from a shovel. I trust they'll be registering shovels. And a Sten receiver starts out as a length of steel tubing. Pipe control!

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    It's much easier to make a slamfire shotgun than to mill out an 80%.

When will they start regulating sections of pipe and nails?

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Watching Raskin testify and there's a woman on his right shoulder just shaking her head. Kind of funny.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    And how will they enforce this?

They won't and they can't.

What do you bet plenty of vendors at Oakes next weekend still selling them?

Heck, since they are not firearms, you can order them by mail. :D

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This is why I don't want to bail to PA. Longer drive, and just a matter of time till they are fighting like us.

This is absurd.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I was contemplating PA as some sort of refuge, as we watch VA going to hell. I suspect that poor ol' WV might actually get an influx of much needed economic activity one of these days, as the only place within kind-of-a-not-horrible-drive to the Beltway that won't be a lefty hell hole.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    This is why I don't want to bail to PA. Longer drive, and just a matter of time till they are fighting like us.

This is absurd.

The only close-by state that i consider somewhat safe these days is West Virginia. I have not trusted VA or PA for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom