• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Dont know about Fogo but went to Texas de Brasil at the Fair Oaks Mall for my birthday and meat until you explode rocks. My fair included

- Parmesan chicken
    - Parmesan pork (awesome
    - Barbeque pork ribs
    - Barbeque beed ribs
    - Bacon wrapped filet mignon
    - Garlic sirlion
    - Beef flank stake
    - Corizio
    - About three other kinds of beef

Plus salad bar, which included a massive bowl of pure bacon goodness.

Its not as good as the one that used to be on the Rockville Pike (independent) but pretty good. The one on the pike used to blend some exotics in like Emu, Rattlesnake etc. It was pretty cool.

Overall given it is an all you can eat affair, I would recommend doing it for a special occasion. $50/plate is a lot even if it is good and keeps coming. Unless you are one of those guys who can eat-eat-eat. Which is probably why they dont do very well.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wow, Had several of these in Jersey except it was $25-28 per person, not $50.

Why I only do it - or - something like crazy (and sort of gay) medieval times once a year. Otherwise, Id rather chill at some local independent restaurant at $15 to $20 a plate. Plus despite my constant weight battles, I am not an all you can eat guy, generally I rarely get my value and am happy with a half portion.

Wife loves the melting pot, again pricey and decent but not super great.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    What last place?

Not $50, $35 for dinner, $25 for lunch.

It was Bill Bateman's before, and lots of businesses have gone under in that mall. Probably due to location, I'd guess.
    I'd love for this restaurant to survive. We need a decent place to eat around here :D

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    It was Bill Bateman's before, and lots of businesses have gone under in that mall. Probably due to location, I'd guess.
    I'd love for this restaurant to survive. We need a decent place to eat around here :D
    Well I think a Churrascaria is a little different and will bring people from much farther. If they're good that is. The Original Steakhouse is usually crowded when I'm there, probably cause it's damn good.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    What last place?

Not $50, $35 for dinner, $25 for lunch.

Thanks, That is a little more reasonable. I've definitely enjoyed it every time I went to one. One I went to in SLC, UT is where I picked up grilling sliced pineapple. Had never thought of it before.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    They are better in Brazil, where beer is included.

x1000. I was working in Brazil for 2 wks and was introduced to the churrascaria (daily). AWESOME! Came back and have eaten in several Fogos in MD/DC. Like comparing Five Guys to McDonalds:( Just no comparison.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    It's a little price, but WELL worth it! (It's okay to splurge occationally)

But it's not for everybody. I'd never take Mrs. Safetech. When we go out to dinner, she usually ends up bringing most of her meal home. (Can't do that at a Brazilian steakhouse.)

For those who've never been, here's how it works.

First DO NOT fall to the biggest salad bar you've ever seen! Nibble, and sample, yes! But don't fill up on it. Easy to do with all the different stuff that you never see anywhere else at a salad bar. (They had quail eggs! Frickin' QUAIL EGGS!!!)

When it's time for the meat, they will give everyone at the table a thing the size of a coaster that's red on one side and green on the other. When you're ready to start, you turn the coaster over with the green side up. And it beings!

They bring out meat, after meat, after meat, after meat....... All on skewers (or even swords, depending on the place), and cut off pieces onto your plate. When you start to get backed up (and you will!) you turn the card over to the red side, and they stop bringing you meat. Once you've caught up (or got your second wind) just turn the coaster back over to green and they start bringing meat again.

This goes on until you ask for the check or explode. (Whichever comes first.) I saw a customer explode once. It wasn't pretty.

Those places are awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom