• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Highwild Adjustable Target Stand Base for Paper Shooting Targets Cardboard Silhouette - H Shape - USPSA/IPSC - IDPA Practice - Upgraded Version (1 Pack) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07V7W65TC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ww8sFbE78FF3D

This looks like it will work with the standard wood AGC stands that they sell, I would just want stakes to keep the base from blowing over. Will the giant binder clips work to replace the cardboard down the line or do I need a staple gun?

I will say that I do see people bringing these to pistol range at AGC. A guy said that he used this because depending on where on that range you are at, you have to adjust the height and its easy to do with the clips. At pistol range the hieight you have to set it to can depend on if you are on a different part or the distance. I saw a Kid (yes kid) shooting at paper plates clipped to the posts practicing competition shooting. You'd see the hits when the paper plates moved. (it was not windy)

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I didn't see it mentioned, but for those using pvc for a base, I drilled holes on two of the horizontal legs and hammered 12" spikes through the holes to keep the base stable no matter how hard the wind is blowing. Two spikes and a cheap small claw hammer don't take up much space in a range bag. At AGC specifically, I think you have to be careful about going too deep in the middle part of the pistol range because the electrical conduit feeding the movable target stands at 25 yards are buried there. The firing position where the conduit is buried used to be marked but I don't know if that is still the case today.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I made mine with 2” and spaced the Ts that hold the stand such that the wood fits snugly on the inside edges (once I added some short vertical lengths to hold the wood). This size and weight is also very stable, wind has not been an issue at all.

Thread revival- I did exactly this today. Here’s the cutting measurements for the segments I used if anyone is interested - all are done using 2” PVC pipe:

(4) 24”
    (4) 6”
    (1) 10.5”

Also used (4) T’s and (4) caps.

Came out pretty good and an easy project for a rainy Sunday and my son approved!

Attachments

• 1F6ED844-12D8-44B4-B3F1-367F9832D139.jpg
      1F6ED844-12D8-44B4-B3F1-367F9832D139.jpg
      136.7 KB · Views: 177

Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    i would check first with AGC. I don't know if they allow the metal bottom. I've never saw anyone use the metal bottom only plastic or wood.

Got a buddy that uses stands I made for him on the 100 yard range all the way out for his metal targets. Total pain in the butt lugging the stands, trees, gongs and a silhouette out there though. Wood or 2 x 4’s are the way to go.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Thread revival- I did exactly this today. Here’s the cutting measurements for the segments I used if anyone is interested - all are done using 2” PVC pipe:

(4) 24”
    (4) 6”
    (1) 10.5”

Also used (4) T’s and (4) caps.

Came out pretty good and an easy project for a rainy Sunday and my son approved!

Thanks for this. As a new AGC member I need to put together my target. Quick question. do you carry this as one assembled piece, or can you disassemble it into say 5 pieces (center and the 4 24" sections)?

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    Thanks for this. As a new AGC member I need to put together my target. Quick question. do you carry this as one assembled piece, or can you disassemble it into say 5 pieces (center and the 4 24" sections)?

I keep mine disassembled just as you describe, for ease of storage and transport. Then I just jam everything together well when needed - a rubber mallet always comes in handy. Nothing has come loose yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom