• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I just sent him a similar email. I will tell you that when I sent emails regarding gun legislation last year to team 46, the only one to respond to me was Brooke Lierman.

I don't know if it helps, but I pointed out this legislation would primarily affect people in his district with less means, and disproportionately affect people of color.

I did hear back from him. He said he doesn’t make album this bill yet but doesn’t see it as a crime fighting bill. I continued to stress my support for fighting crime - both the tougher sentencing for RVO’s for short term gains, and the fight of the root causes of the crime (which IMO all start with poor or education). And I reiterated this bill targets those least likely to be criminals on the first place.

He did say he would keep an eye out and tune in on it if it came to committee. Perhaps I’m an optimist, but if the Senate Pres doesn’t know about this bill, that could be a good sign that it’s not a high priority.

Good idea about writing Brooke, too. I’ve had a couple conversations with her on various issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackbeard

Jan 1, 2019
    Just another BS Bill they are trying to sneak in under the radar to make having a permit as difficult as possible. I have no issue with training, but every two years is sufficient.

Unfortunately they will continue with any type of “restriction” they can justify as reasonable to make gun ownership difficult.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    Del. Brooke Lierman is sponsoring the "Section 8 (SOURCE OF INCOME) is good everywhere in Maryland" bill, HB231. Not her best foot forward in my humble opinion.

Oh, I disagree with Brooke on nearly everything. It's OK to have people in the legislature with whom you disagree - I think it's a feature of our system.

What Brooke does that no one else from the fighting 46th does is listen and respond thoughtfully. I'm never going to change her mind on gun laws, but she's at least made an effort to hear what I'm saying and acknowledge our differences.

None of our other legislative representatives in this district have ever done that in my experience.

Having met Brooke at a Little Italy Neighborhood Association meeting, she's just a nice person, and she's doing what she believes is right. I respect that.

Senator Bill? Notsomuch.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Senator Bill? Notsomuch.

Well, if he was empathetic to citizens’ voices, he wouldn’t be the Senate President. Remember who his predecessor was. I’m just glad he’s not in the pocket of the liquor lobby (so far as I know). But I’ll keep my discourse with him. At least he’s engaging me in conversation. That’s a start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    and she's doing what she believes is right.

Being a "representative" is not about what "she believes" is right, it is about doing what the people who elected her want her to do. Even if she disagrees with them.

She is there to represent the will of her constituents, not her personal will. If her will and the will of her district are the same, then so be it. If they are not, then there is a problem.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I think my Frederick County ballot showed Young running and winning unopposed.

IIRC, he won over Craig Giangrande. Young has a lot of name recognition here in FDRK as the former, multi term mayor of Frederick. As FDRK shifts further D with the Mont Co cancer spreading north, Rs have a definite up hill climb.

Young, and his wife Karen are both smug, pretentious pricks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Being a "representative" is not about what "she believes" is right, it is about doing what the people who elected her want her to do. Even if she disagrees with them.

She is there to represent the will of her constituents, not her personal will. If her will and the will of her district are the same, then so be it. If they are not, then there is a problem.

This times 1000!!!!!!

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore

She's representing her district. Most people in the 46th think Elizabeth Warren is a little too conservative.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    She's representing her district. Most people in the 46th think Elizabeth Warren is a little too conservative.

She may be a conservative underneath a fake patina of communism. According to the Wall Street Journal last week, she has been collecting royalties from fossil fuel rights, and even transferred ownership of some of those rights to her children so they're not in her name anymore. And this is after she made her pledge to have nothing to do with the fossil fuel industry.

Woodba

Mar 13, 2018
    Im a FFL, a reloader, a collector, and a avid shooter. I shoot thousands of rounds a month, probably more than law enforcement. What is a “firearms trainer” that is in the business to make money and qualify people for HQLs going to do for me? It’s bad enough as it is we have to renew every 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom