• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Amen to that. l've been thinking lately, even though I don't have what the LD of the People's Republic of Maryland would call a "good and substantial reason" to carry a firearm, that I might go ahead and apply just so that I would add to the number of folks who applied to exercise their rights, but were denied by the state. I found myself at the MSP website, where I read this:

Where are Firearms Prohibited?

Restriction on the wear, carry and transport of handguns and firearms in certain places appear throughout Maryland law and regulations. *Below are statutes and regulations detailing the handgun and firearm restrictions. *This list should not be considered all-inclusive.**
    1. On school property (CR 4-102)
    2. Within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place (CR 4-208)
    (and more)

This last part is bulls hit. Go read 4-208. It does not say that you can't carry within 1000 feet of a demonstration, it says:

(b)*Prohibited. --

***(1)*This subsection does not apply to a law enforcement officer.

***(2)*A person may not have a firearm in the person's possession or on or about the person at a demonstration in a public place or in a vehicle that is within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place after:

******(i)*the person has been advised by a law enforcement officer that a demonstration is occurring at the public place; and

******(ii)*the person has been ordered by the law enforcement officer to leave the area of the demonstration until the person disposes of the firearm.

which means that you can certainly carry a firearm at demonstration. The LD posts information that they want you to believe, hoping that you won't notice that it is incorrect. Hats off to the cop on the beat, but the asshats that write this policy shitt need a lesson on the Constitution.

Apparently reading comprehension is not part of the Academy curriculum. :rolleyes:

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Under prohibited places, the MSP website also lists highway rest stops.
    Now, go read the actual law.

You have to verify absolutely everything they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mar 23, 2016
    Carroll County
    I had a state trooper almost pull right out in front of me on Englar Rd from Chik-Fil-A in Westminster the other day. Only reason I didn't broadside him is because I knew he didn't see me and slowed down until he looked back up from probably dipping his French fry in his Chik-Fil-A sauce. In hindsight should have not slowed down, tapped him, milked my "injury" and called the City PD for an official police accident report, and then leveraged dismissal of subsequent lawsuit in exchange for an unrestricted life time carry permit. Not that I truly believe that possible and also fact that I saw that he didn't see me and car is paid off are primary reasons I slowed down...thought relevant enough to share and hopefully get a few smirks.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I had a state trooper almost pull right out in front of me on Englar Rd from Chik-Fil-A in Westminster the other day. Only reason I didn't broadside him is because I knew he didn't see me and slowed down until he looked back up from probably dipping his French fry in his Chik-Fil-A sauce. In hindsight should have not slowed down, tapped him, milked my "injury" and called the City PD for an official police accident report, and then leveraged dismissal of subsequent lawsuit in exchange for an unrestricted life time carry permit. Not that I truly believe that possible and also fact that I saw that he didn't see me and car is paid off are primary reasons I slowed down...thought relevant enough to share and hopefully get a few smirks.

It's never worth it. Ever. Coming from the person who just got rear ended, for the second time in a month, with my temp tags still on my new car, and still recovering from the first concussion.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hmmm if that is the case about a demonstration i would carry a copy of the MD Law and if a peace officer tried to tell me the law and shall we say "misquoted" the law to me, then I would show them the copy of the law. Make a couple of copys so you can let them have a copy as well.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    l've been thinking lately, even though I don't have what the LD of the People's Republic of Maryland would call a "good and substantial reason" to carry a firearm, that I might go ahead and apply just so that I would add to the number of folks who applied to exercise their rights, but were denied by the state.

I have been pondering this also.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    The old W&C app asked if all business taxes where paid and current.

My interview (at westminster) officer told me that bringing my bank statements would help my G&S case. When I redacted some of the info from the statement he told me he could not except it. If I where in the position to make waves I would not have complied. I know I became part of the problem when I did.

I just got told on Friday that the fact I redacted account numbers and non-business transactions required a re-submission of all bank statements and that I would need to provide deposit copies. Oh and she also told me it was my job to prove I was in an assumed risk position.

No correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Lazwick just testify on the 29th that Police, Judges, Prosecutors and politicians were the only assumed risk jobs?

Mark

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I just got told on Friday that the fact I redacted account numbers and non-business transactions required a re-submission of all bank statements and that I would need to provide deposit copies. Oh and she also told me it was my job to prove I was in an assumed risk position.

No correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Lazwick just testify on the 29th that Police, Judges, Prosecutors and politicians were the only assumed risk jobs?

Mark
    I'd ignore the request. The investigator doesn't make the decision anyway. If they send you a shortage letter send the same redacted documents. You will win at the HPRB.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    With the MSP's history of incompetence, accidental exposure and comingled files, I'd tell them to pound sand and take your chances with the HPRB.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    I'd ignore the request. The investigator doesn't make the decision anyway. If they send you a shortage letter send the same redacted documents. You will win at the HPRB.

With the MSP's history of incompetence, accidental exposure and comingled files, I'd tell them to pound sand and take your chances with the HPRB.

I printed out the 2015 SOP to take just in case, but I have no intention of providing any further information, as it is it was upwards of 6 months worth of statements with a few dozen deposits and far more expenses. Plus the plethora of other crap I included, I can't imagine there would be a shortage letter... but I am prepared to play chess while they are messing with the checkers.

Mark

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013

Mark

Lets not forget that the SOP doesnt say you need financial record's. But we all have are own best interest at hand and do what we feel is necessary.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Lets not forget that the SOP doesnt say you need financial record's. But we all have are own best interest at hand and do what we feel is necessary.

Yea, I probably should have read it before I prepared my application :innocent0

They really don't get anything from it anyway other than my printer, where I buy gear from, phone and web expenses. It looks like a DOD document with as much black is on it :D

Mark

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    MSP's SOPs are not law, just their procedures, which are sometimes ruled unlawful.

My company has a SOP that we don't supply account numbers or students names.

Challenge EVERYTHING the MSP demands as ask what is your statutory authority to require that information?

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    MSP's SOPs are not law, just their procedures, which are sometimes ruled unlawful.

My company has a SOP that we don't supply account numbers or students names.

Challenge EVERYTHING the MSP demands as ask what is your statutory authority to require that information?

:thumbsup:

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    You know, even if Hogan doesn't feel he can tell Pallozzi to make self defense good for G&S, he could do something to stop this nonsense without too much trouble.

Yeah, he's better than the alternative, but meh.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    You know, even if Hogan doesn't feel he can tell Pallozzi to make self defense good for G&S, he could do something to stop this nonsense without too much trouble.

Yeah, he's better than the alternative, but meh.

I think that's more of an AG function, and you all know the chances of THAT happening. :sad20:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Mark

I didn't redact anything, they just "forgot" to forward my deposit slips to investigator. She then told me to call Pikesville and ask them to forward them. My immediate thought was why me? Wouldn't the investigator get more attention and know who to call to get the missing items?

I didn't get the prove I was in assumed risk. They are getting really cranky it appears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom