• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I like that phone mount and the idea of not having to place your eye on the actual eye piece.

I think I recorded about 40min of video so today I’ve had a chance to go back and watch then.

This particular clip is pretty cool. You are shooting at 478yds and the position of the scope was allowing me to record the bullet trace really clearly.

Check it out.

https://youtu.be/xIkZLmElS8s

I saw that several times last year. Seeing it on video is really cool.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I think I recorded about 40min of video so today I’ve had a chance to go back and watch then.

This particular clip is pretty cool. You are shooting at 478yds and the position of the scope was allowing me to record the bullet trace really clearly.

Check it out.

https://youtu.be/xIkZLmElS8s

This SO makes me want to go shooting. I would have called it more of a 4 o'clock shot though :)

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Grendel is an interesting caliber for sure. If I didn't already have enough calibers I would consider it.

I'd also like to find out more info about peacemaker.

I have a 308 I’ve never taken out the next time you go ;)

Otherwise if I need to pick up a 50 just say the word!

.308 is definitely capable. I see a big preference in 175gr out far though.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Don’t want to hijack you Grendel thread but I don’t think this is new tread worthy. Here is my clip using my 6.5 Creedmoor shooting a 6” steel plate at 573 yds.

My first shot before the clip was just off the lower right edge with a center hold.

For the first hit my hold was about 11 o’clock aligned with the left edge. I was trying to pull the sights up .01mil at a time but for whatever reason these three shots still grouped up pretty tight.

Always a fun day our there on the mountain.

https://youtu.be/EDI95wRfSR0

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Don’t want to hijack you Grendel thread but I don’t think this is new tread worthy. Here is my clip using my 6.5 Creedmoor shooting a 6” steel plate at 573 yds.

My first shot before the clip was just off the lower right edge with a center hold.

For the first hit my hold was about 11 o’clock aligned with the left edge. I was trying to pull the sights up .01mil at a time but for whatever reason these three shots still grouped up pretty tight.

Always a fun day our there on the mountain.

https://youtu.be/EDI95wRfSR0
    Fantastic group. I saw the adjustments and was confused. Do you think you were out of elevation? I can't imagine that you were at that range.

Man I want to go shooting....

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Fantastic group. I saw the adjustments and was confused. Do you think you were out of elevation? I can't imagine that you were at that range.

Man I want to go shooting....

No not out of elevation. I had just moved from a closer target before this string and my previous string was a bit low as well so I was trying to true up my data to be able to dial in at 1060 yds. However I shouldn’t have been making elevation adjustments and also at the same time adjusting my point of aim. Thats a no no. I just got lucky.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Grendel is an interesting caliber for sure. If I didn't already have enough calibers I would consider it.

I'd also like to find out more info about peacemaker.

.308 is definitely capable. I see a big preference in 175gr out far though.

Yes, 175’s are the way to go for longer distances (over 850 yards). If you reload there are other options above 175’s.
    I’ve shot Federal GMM 175SMK’s out to 1250 yards.
    They work well.
    Peacemaker is a good time. Been to one Long Range Challenge there and the Frontier Day practice once. Going to sign up for the LRC in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Nice stuff looks very fun. I bought a Grendel hunter upper a few months ago and have not used it yet. It is calling to me as I read this thread.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Buy 100 cheapo Wolf rounds to send through it before using good ammo. Grendels are infamous for needing a little copper fouling to get the barrel good and accurate.

Thanks for the tip. I am thinking I may use it for deer hunting this year. Good to know.

1/2 mile +
    Dang that’s nice work

The target is at the tree line.
    Frontier Day at Peacemaker is a hoot and worth every penny of the $75 for 4hrs of range time.

Attachments

• 20191020_150704.jpg
      20191020_150704.jpg
      76.4 KB · Views: 160

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    The target is at the tree line.
    Frontier Day at Peacemaker is a hoot and worth every penny of the $75 for 4hrs of range time.

Sad that you have to pay for it here.

When I was an teenager in Arizona, we would just go out into the desert north of Phoenix and shoot great distances for free. And camp. And make large bonfires. And drink beer. :D

We had the WHOLE desert to ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom