• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JanesDad

Apr 30, 2012
    Perry Hall
    I'm hoping that the following simple but concise questions would lead me to the same type of answers. I've been searching the forums and even the Maryland State Police site but still end up with nebulous answers.

So my question is: Can I legally have an unloaded Mossberg 500 in the trunk of my sedan without a case? I plan to have the rounds in the trunk as well.

Thank you.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Cheap solution, get a gun sock.
    Then your neighbors won't have a good reason to call the police when you are walking to your car.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    You can have them both in the trunk as long as its unloaded. Can someone link us to the letter from the official that stated that before, i forget where that was.

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    I'm hoping that the following simple but concise questions would lead me to the same type of answers. I've been searching the forums and even the Maryland State Police site but still end up with nebulous answers.

So my question is: Can I legally have an unloaded Mossberg 500 in the trunk of my sedan without a case? I plan to have the rounds in the trunk as well.

Thank you.

Essentially the question here is "can I legally transport my unregulated firearm in a condition that couldn't possibly harm anyone and nobody will ever know about unless a traffic stop goes so horribly wrong that my vehicle gets searched?"

For that to even be a question exhibits the insanity of Maryland gun laws. I AM NOT saying anything about the PERSON asking the question - these type questions come up all the time.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A shotgun can be anywhere in a vehicle in MD as long as it is not loaded, period.

Here's the "BUT" ... even leaning against a vehicle - is considered "in" by DNR and by extension, other MD LEO's

Another "but" I'd add ... this just means you would most likely win in court, not that Cpl JimBob won't stop you and take your gun. In counties that have a lot of hunting and only a few LEO's the LLEO's are more likely to know the law - other locales ... you'd be tempting fate

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom