• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    they should just do a full ban on guns at this point. May as well cut the bullcrap and get it over with.

tidalwave

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 29, 2019
    I'd like to see
    -how many requests become emergency orders
    -How many victims don't fight the order and why
    -Of the people who have had guns stolen from them by the state and then had the order vacated/dismissed/expired, got their guns back
    -What condition the guns were in upon being returned
    -Whether or not anyone who had ammo seized had all of it retuned
    -If any people ran into trouble when the LEOs entered their homes to steal the guns, and wound up with some sort of additional legal trouble from that.

What percent the people against whom the orders were requested were involved in violence with N years.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    114 requests, 60 granted, do we know if any of the 60 granted turned out to be anything substantial? That's a rather telling statistic that seems to be missing.

the bigger question is: does the target of the failed red flag order ( those requests not approved) ever learn that they were targeted for confiscation? Sounds a lot like we are setting up a system of " secret courts". History tells us where secret courts end up.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Ah yes, he was wearing a short skirt.

I think you are saying 'he asked for it', but being subjected to rape is not a government sanctioned thing, while red flag laws are.

Both are horrible, and should never occur, but if the Marine didn't talk shiit, he likely wouldn't be in shiit.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Not really (As least according to the numbers) and hopefully it will stary that way.

There were 114 ERPOs requested in October and less than 60 were granted. Those that weren't, we can surmise, were people crying wolf and had nothing to substantiate a reason for an ERPO to a judge, court commissioner, or LE.

That very well could change after the next legislative session, given how they want to strengthen the law, and the Governor seems to be on board to do so.

More than ever, people need to show up in Annapolis, but I fear that people really just don't care about their rights in Maryland.

When the seatbelt law first got passed you couldn't be pulled over simply because you did not have a seatbelt on.

Now you can be pulled over because you had no seatbelt on.

The point behind this video is that its the word of 1 vs the word of another. Fortunately, she had a camera. How do you refute a red flag complaint? You lose your guns then go to court and prove your innocence. should you have to get a l$a$w$y$e$r?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpNVVornOg

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I think you are saying 'he asked for it', but being subjected to rape is not a government sanctioned thing, while red flag laws are.

Both are horrible, and should never occur, but if the Marine didn't talk shiit, he likely wouldn't be in shiit.
    This.

I know that this isn't a popular opinion to have on a board like this, but this guy was an absolute dumbass. You can't say things like what he said and then be surprised when there are repercussions. To be fair, if liberals say things like that about us, apparently it's ok - the double standard is the real issue, but like you said, if he didn't talk $h!t, he wouldn't be in $h!t.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    What's that quote? Something like "Having a lawyer represent you can be expensive. Not having one can cost you everything".

Dont get me wrong. I agree. I have the money and I'd pay up. Not all have that luxury. When an accusation finishes with punishment then court to see if guilt, something is wrong. I dont know how our lawmakers rationalize this when they use the rules to make the laws.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    This.

I know that this isn't a popular opinion to have on a board like this, but this guy was an absolute dumbass. You can't say things like what he said and then be surprised when there are repercussions. To be fair, if liberals say things like that about us, apparently it's ok - the double standard is the real issue, but like you said, if he didn't talk $h!t, he wouldn't be in $h!t.

Not always. There are still plenty of times liberals say something stupid and get social repercussions. Or police investigating them, etc. It might happen less or at least you hear about it less, but it’s not unheard of.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Dont get me wrong. I agree. I have the money and I'd pay up. Not all have that luxury. When an accusation finishes with punishment then court to see if guilt, something is wrong. I dont know how our lawmakers rationalize this when they use the rules to make the laws.

Yup.
    A large percentage of Americans are lower income and would lose everything if a lawyer is needed. Most of our politicians are/were lawyers(fact check me), so many laws they pass are very vague (fact check me , MD gun laws) which puts virtually anyone in jeopardy causing the absolute wholehearted need for an attorney. So much so that we (taxpayers) supply them if necessary. Win win win situation, I actually respect how they were able to accomplish this. Excellent way to perpetuate their profession.

Just a thought, sincerely ... no offense meant to anyone.

Don't quote me so I can delete this later lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom